dmp with cccs - update

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
55 posts Page 4 of 4

Debtwitch

Post by Debtwitch » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 am
Sorry that an IVA wasn't appropriate for you SoL, it would have saved you a great deal of hassle.
Kind regards,

Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager

Helping people with their debt problems for nearly 10 years.

Contact me directly for free, impartial, confidential help and guidance.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:13 pm
cheers debtwitch

spoke to them both and it seems tht its next's fault, not cccs, all sorted, still need to chat about interest matters

Debtwitch

Post by Debtwitch » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm
It seems that you are doing alot of the work of a DMC. I know that you are not actually paying CCCS for the privilege, but they are receiving a handout from creditors.

Strange ...
Kind regards,

Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:54 am
Not strange at all.

You get what you pay for and if you pay nothing then you get nothing. He who pays the piper calls the tune etc. I acknowledge that the non fee paying sector has a role to play but when the creditors pay the wages then it is easy to dance to a particular tune.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

yahwob

Post by yahwob » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 pm
Hi,

Just to let you know my own experience with my DMP which I started roughly the same time as you in Feb/March this year.

I did it all myself and so far it's all gone okay, Barclaycard accepted my offer and have reduced my interest rate dramatically, same as tesco's loans, only one giving me slight grief if Sainsburys credit card who although one part seems happy to collect my reduced payment another part seems to want to ring me every six weeks to ask for the whole outstanding missed monthly payments. Once I explain I'm on a DMP though they go away happy, for another 6 weeks anyway until the phone calls start again. In contrast I havn't heard a thing from Barclaycard or Tesco's since I set the DMP up 6 months ago.

Overall I'm reasonably happy, I can actually see my debt coming down even if it is very slow.

CCCS Counsellor

Post by CCCS Counsellor » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 pm
Hi Skint of Leek,

Just been having a read through your thread.

If you give the CCCS a call we will be able to contact Barclays for you and ask them again to consider stopping the interest and charges on your account.

As a Debt Management Plan is an informal agreement they are under no obligation to stop this whether you are with a non profit organisation or a fee charging company.

If interest and charges are not stopped, other debt solutions will to be explored at review stage and if there are other more suited solutions available then these will be discussed by our client support department.

If you have any problems with your creditors or your DMP, then give us a call as soon as possible and we can then can try and sort out the problem out for you.

Sarah
CCCS is a registered charity. We take great pride in offering first class help and advice, but we only offer this where we have been able to fully explore and understand your circumstances with you. We want to help you understand these choices and their possible implications but not make them for you.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:16 pm
Sarah,

good to hear from you, I'm due a review next week so it'll be good to chat

just to clarify, the people I've spoken to at CCCS have been top notch, I know that there is the issue of the interest on 1 or 2 of the accounts, but overall I'm happy as the number of calls I've had from creditors can be counted on one hand - I wonder if that would have been the same if I'd picked a non-charity organisation who wanted to wait 2 months before paying creditors, rather than CCCS' 1 month

personally I judge my dmp success not only on interest charges/speed of settlement but on the quality of life i now lead, i.e. very little hassle from the people I owe.

thanks CCCS

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 pm
A positive post in favour of CCCS and hope it continues to go well for you, hopefully they'll speak to Barclays and persuade them to reduce/stop the interst charges.

All the best.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:49 pm
cheers

Debtwitch

Post by Debtwitch » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 am
Glad it's all working out for you now SoL, but I was a little confused from your earlier posts as it seemed that you were being hassled and indicated you were doing alot of the work yourself - maybe just a bumpy ride intially with such as your 5 or 6 conversations with Citi Cards.

I don't think that the delay in 1 or 2 months receiving payments from a fee charging DMC means a worse deal than CCCS structure - creditors will receive a full return on the debt with the former but have to pay themselves for the plans put forward by CCCS.

Good luck with your review.

Kind regards,
Kind regards,

Angela Rosler
Insolvency Manager

55 posts Page 4 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”