dmp with cccs - update

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
55 posts Page 3 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm
That's excellent news Hopefull1. Makes a change for Barclays to be so positive.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

timeforchange

Post by timeforchange » Thu May 21, 2009 9:44 pm
CCCs as a DMP factory is as busy as DFD for IVAs.....the personal touch is missing on CCCS. Their staff is courtesy at all times I must say. I know cos I have used them as everone knows here.

CCCs sends the I/E DMP proposals off to all creditors and some creditors take a bit of time to reply.

So, CCCs is asking you to contact Barclays over if they have received the DMP proposal?? Sounds familiar I must say.

As David said think about an IVA when things settle in your mind......don't assume creditors will be reticent for too long. They can get tired of DMPs, I can't say when....CCCS will be of no help when creditors get onerous with debtors.

I always recall a Halifax DMP chappie who said: " we'll put you on a plan till your situation improves". But what happens if it doesn't??

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 am
hopefull1 wrote:

Hi

I sent Barclays an offer in May of last year but they said it wasn't enough too keep the account open so they defaulted the accounts and sent it through too their recoveries dept and I have been charged no interest.

One of the accounts was a loan and they said they had too wait until it was 6 months in arrears before they could pass it to their recoveries department and they said providing I made the proposed payment every month they would credit back any interest that was incurred durung that period which they did.

I have spoken to Barclays today and they have confirmed that no interest will be added now and it will remain within their recoveries providing that they keep receiving payments

I have had no problems with Barclays are any of my others which are Intelligent Finance, Mbna, Egg, Cahoot and Barclaycard.

Hope this helps
That is good - but I would not rule out doing an IVA at some point once everything is stable. Did not CCCS suggest an IVA?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Citi Card update - another left hand v's right hand situation. Their latest letter says they've tried many times to contact me but with no joy and that if I don't bring the account up to date (with £600) then action will be instigated. It's obvious they haven't spoken to the 4 Citi representatives I've spoken too who were all rather pleasant and told me to keep paying the suggested CCCS payment and that should do the trick for now!

Barclaycard also want an arrears payment of £600 - if I had that amount of disposalable income I wouldn't need CCCS, one good note is that they seem to have agreed the monthly payment, though they do say they have also passed it to Mercers

more to come

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 pm
The downside of DMPs is the uncertainty. How long is it since you started this process Skint?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 am
process started in March of this year, you are right about the uncertainty!

barclays - default notices and arrears request have arrived, CCCs toldme not to worry as this is the legal process they have to go through before agreeing the DMP

citi cards - had a call to ring their "arrangement department" so maybe things have been sorted with them

though I have no experience with other IP's I imagine that they are more proactive than CCCS in getting interest stopped and negotiating with creditors

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat May 30, 2009 9:38 am
I am not sure that CCCS actually ask for the interest to be stopped - so it would be worth checking to see if that has happened.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 am
That I don't know skint. We did our DMP with a fee paying firm and interest and charges were stopped pretty much from day one.

I think sometimes it depends on the creditors as well as the firm you are using.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:59 am
Hi Skint of Leek as I have posted before I am with CCCS and all my creditors have frozen interest and charges. I speak too my creditors on a regular basis I agree with Melanie they don't speak too customers about getting interest stopped they just send letters from what I can understand.

I have had no problem with Barclays are Barclaycard freezing interest and charges and all my other creditors but it would seem that creditors are not consistent on how they treat their customers.

I have about 6 to 61/2 years left too run on mine i have been on for a year how long has yours got too run approximately.

Regards

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 pm
probably about the same length of time "hopefull1", I've asked CCCS today, via email, whether they actively ask for the interest to be stopped, they did say they asked when the things started a few months ago - what I want to know from them is if they persist in asking! If they don't then teh DMP will take ages!

Hopefull1 - did you ask your creditors or did they? Also did you get the usual letters from barclays about arrears and the like and then did they back off or take you to court

cheers

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Sat May 30, 2009 4:59 pm
Hi Skint of Leek

I got an arrears letter and then when I submitted my payment offer they said it was not enough too keep the account open so sent a default notice. After that my loan account had to be six months in arrears and they then passed it on to their recoveries department who credited back the interest charged during that period. My overdraft went straight through after the default notice was issued. I only ever received 1 phonecall from them right at the beginning after my 1st payment was missed other then that I never hear from them and all interest and charges have been frozen.

I hope this helps but it appears that creditors don't always treat their customers the same.

In regards too me or cccs asking for the interest to be stopped thecreditors did it themselves. I regularly speak to my creditors and check that they are receiving their money on time. I like to do that and hopefully the creditors appreciate it as they can see that I am serious about sorting my debts out.

I hope that it goes ok for you as well.
Last edited by hopefull1 on Sat May 30, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:53 pm
thanks again hopeful, not psoted for abit but here is teh latest update on Citi and Barclays

Citi - good news = the interest has been stopped and they have agreed to the DMP without the need to refer to a collection agency - bad news is that I did the work not CCCS by agreeing to pay a bit more to Citi ( worth it for the peace of mind)

Barclays - not heard a jot, think it is the same route taken with Hopeful1, so fingers crossed, interest has been stopped on barclaycard

still interest on coop though

not heard a dickybird from CCCS

life is all the better for finding this site,

before i did this life was almost not worth living, everyday was a drag and sleep was almost non existent,

long live iva.co.uk! Spread the news - help is out there

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:20 pm
It's coming together slowly but surely skint.

Glad you are feeling happier as well.
Bob Marley.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:24 pm
getting there at last, keeping the faith!

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:36 am
everything is going well so far, though i did notice one of the barclays accounts is still havinf interest applied !! cccs wil be contacted and ask to pull finger out

had a statement from next today saying that i had missed a payment!! don't understand so am going to ring CCCS and next tomorrow to find out that is going on

more updates to follow
55 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”