dmp with cccs - update

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
55 posts Page 2 of 4

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:04 pm
Given that CCCS are remunerated directly by the creditors, they ought to have arrangements in place to deal with this sort of thing. So far as I am aware from my chats with commercial debt management providers, Barclays are not generally troublesome.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:31 pm
I hope u r right Melanie given the amount of fees and interest they have got off me over the last 25 years!

I hoping that the letters they send are just computer generated standardised letters that they are required by law to issue prior to moving to the next stage,

as usual updates will be posted.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:01 am
I agree - don't think you will have a problem but see what CCCS say. Let us know please.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm
"see what CCCS say" - good one!

they don't seem to be the best at dealing with emails - a day or so to get back and never the detailed answer you need - all I want to know is whether Barclays have agreed to the DMP!

I'm wondering whether they have enough staff and/or they are getting swamped with new clients given the economic climate we are all being subjected to thanks to hedgefund managers and mortage brokers in the US of A!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 pm
Any reason why you have not considered an IVA?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 pm
would love one and the certainty that it would bring but both CCCs and yourselves advised on the DMP, if it works I'd be just as happy with the DMP

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:42 am
Gotcha
[:)]

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed May 20, 2009 7:30 pm
further updates folk:

next, american express and the co-operative bank have all behaved like saints, really surprised given that a lot of people on this forum have had trouble with the co-op

citi cards just seemed confused! spoken to them about 5 or 6 times, always pleasant and never threatening, tell them about CCCS, they say thanks, keep up with the payment and it'll take a couple of months to formalise the process - superb! then i get a phone call from another call centre worker who asks me for an arrears payment. Once i go through the script again they seem happy. They've even deleted my wotk number from their records.

Barclays! - well all seemed to be going well - i.e. a few letters and no hassling phone calls. However, today received a letter in respect of one of the loans with them which says they aren't happy with the offer and have referred it to the collections department. Receiving that has made me a bit depressed so I've asked CCCS for some answers. Doesn't bode to well for the barclays overdraft, barclaycard and barclaycard loan I suppose, unless this is just sabre rattling to ask for more cash.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Wed May 20, 2009 7:41 pm
Whatever is on offer must be affordable and achievable and in your best interest whether a DMP or IVA - so cannot understand what Barclays want or expect. What does CCCS say?

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed May 20, 2009 7:44 pm
not heard from them yet, remember they have short office hours because they are free!

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm
HiSkint of Leek

I am on a dmp with cccs I too have a loan and overdraft with Barclays and they are both with their collections department. They have frozen interest and charges and are happy receiving the payments that i am offering them.

Hope this helps

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Thu May 21, 2009 7:54 am
hopefull1, thanks for that - i hope they do teh same for me, good luck with yours

cheers

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 am
hopefull1 - how long have they frozen interest for?
Last edited by David Mond on Thu May 21, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu May 21, 2009 8:35 am
Good luck with Barclays, I hope the CCCS manage to sort this out for you x

hopefull1

Post by hopefull1 » Thu May 21, 2009 5:13 pm
Hi

I sent Barclays an offer in May of last year but they said it wasn't enough too keep the account open so they defaulted the accounts and sent it through too their recoveries dept and I have been charged no interest.

One of the accounts was a loan and they said they had too wait until it was 6 months in arrears before they could pass it to their recoveries department and they said providing I made the proposed payment every month they would credit back any interest that was incurred durung that period which they did.

I have spoken to Barclays today and they have confirmed that no interest will be added now and it will remain within their recoveries providing that they keep receiving payments

I have had no problems with Barclays are any of my others which are Intelligent Finance, Mbna, Egg, Cahoot and Barclaycard.

Hope this helps
Last edited by hopefull1 on Thu May 21, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”