close to failure of IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm
Hi all
Some know me some dont but I jsut thought i would let the ones of you who know me that i still dont have a job and am getting close to IVA failure.
I missed Januarys payment altogether and for the last two months have been paying just £100 of the £259 i should have.
I got a call today saying that i will be sent a arrears notice and lady on phone said that if i get a job within two months then my payments that i havent made will be added on to the end of the iva but if i dont then my iva will prob fail.
I really dont know what to do and wether or not to see what happens regards to jobs in the next month and then wether to file for bankruspy or not.
Help please peeps!!!!
8 down 65 to go!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:01 pm
Hi,

Sorry you still haven't got a job Shazzles.

I think if you don't manage to find one in the next couple of months, then your IVA will be bound to fail and then you will be back to square one. You could try a DMP after that.

As to bankruptcy, do you have any assets which would be affected.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm
hi
no i dont think i have any assets. My husbands stuff wouldnt be taken into consideration would it??
8 down 65 to go!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:27 pm
Shouldn't be.

I take it you don't own your own house?
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:31 pm
no we have a council property that the rent is paid up to date fully
8 down 65 to go!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:41 pm
Then it could be a way forward for you then. You've done your best,it's not your fault that you are out of work and in this economic climate, it's going to be hard to get another one.

Give it some serious thought. You know that we will answer any questions you may have about it.
Bob Marley.

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm
ok, so what about fees? how much are they and can i get help since im out of work????
8 down 65 to go!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:46 pm
Fees are £495, and with certain benefits you can get £100 off but I don't know which ones they are.
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:58 pm
It sounds pretty muc like BR would be the best way forward,you have nothing to protect so why bother,you have done your best to repay what you can to creditors but without a job thats going to be impossible.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 pm
Have you spoken to your IP? Has no one suggested a variation until you get yourself sorted out?
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm
hi
no no one has suggested a variation at all
8 down 65 to go!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:23 pm
Well you need to have a chat with your IP explaining the position and paybe opt for a payment break of say 6 months (to be added onto the end of your arrangement) whilst you sort out a job. Good luck.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:42 pm
Hi Shazzles,
I know exactly how you feel as I am in a similar position. You have to do what is right for you and I wish you luck in reaching that decision.
For me I now think BR is my best option. I was so scared, confused and anxious but once I made a decision I now feel so much better.
Will be thinking of you,
Chardonnay x
Chardonnay

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:33 pm
You will save £150 of the Court fees if you are out of work.

I recently proposed a one year payment break for one of my clients who had lost her job, and this was accepted by creditors. On the other hand if you have no assets which would be at risk under bankruptcy proceedings, it must be worth at least considering this as an option.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

shazzles

Post by shazzles » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:20 pm
Hi :)
Yes i've decided to give it a month to see if i get a job within that period and if not then i will very likely enter bankruptsy.
I have so many things that i would need to find out about doing that though so im using this month as a finding out peroid while i look for another job.
chardonnay wrote:

Hi Shazzles,
I know exactly how you feel as I am in a similar position. You have to do what is right for you and I wish you luck in reaching that decision.
For me I now think BR is my best option. I was so scared, confused and anxious but once I made a decision I now feel so much better.
Will be thinking of you,
Chardonnay x
8 down 65 to go!
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”