dmp and barclays

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
16 posts Page 1 of 2

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:43 pm
when you send barlcays notification of the fact that you are entering into a DMP do you write to your branch or a general address?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:44 pm
Surely the DMP company are dealing with this for you?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:46 pm
sorry for the large text!

also when you are giving teh reason why you are entering into the dmp, what is suggested - I don't want to sound like i'm too incompetent, eventhough to get to this stage I must be!

how does financially inexperienced/naive, sound!

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:50 pm
Melanie,

I'm going through CCCS so there is an element of DIY!

cheers, Skint

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 pm
I thought that CCCS actually did all of the legwork for you. What have they actually done, and what are they leaving up to you to submit to creditors?

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:19 pm
all i do is send a proforma to the creditors saying that CCCS are on the case and that they should talk to CCCS not me, they hopefuly should do the rest

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:20 pm
I am sure that they will and set you up properly.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

ricbro

Post by ricbro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:39 am
Good morning all, I am currently 'form filling' for a DMP,I am as curious as skint of leek, what reasons can you give for getting into debt? I must admit I haven't really thought of why I did it, it sort of crept up on us over aperiod of years.
Any advice, please.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 am
Just answer the questions honestly - try and remember what each source of credit was taken out for - and if it was to supplement a low income, or used for household and general expenditure then this is an acceptable reason to declare.

Creditors are more interested in how much you can pay them going forward, than how you have got to the situation you are in now.

ricbro

Post by ricbro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:55 am
Thanks Melanie, I will be as honest as I can, looking back though, I can't believe how easy it was to do it, it was a combination of our own negligence and the easy availability of cash, with the option for more if you wanted it, crazy.

ricbro

Post by ricbro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:57 am
In fact. it is so crazy that my wife, whose main creditor is Lloyds TSB, has just received a letter telling her she csn have a guaranteed loan of £28k if she wants, guess where from, yes, Lloyds TSB

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 am
Brilliant aren't they?

On our forms, we put down that we had used the money for cars, holidays, stuff for the home, consolidation. We just told the truth.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

ricbro

Post by ricbro » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am
Thanks Jan

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:17 am
ricbro wrote:

In fact. it is so crazy that my wife, whose main creditor is Lloyds TSB, has just received a letter telling her she csn have a guaranteed loan of £28k if she wants, guess where from, yes, Lloyds TSB
Tsb did theis to us also,we consolidated with them,paying off several credit card,then about 6 months later they increased the spending on our platinum cards again and 18 months later we were back to square one,but we also had the loan to pay off. When we went in for help advice,they offered us another loan!!! Thats when we walked out of the bank and went over the road into the citizens advice bureau. I always liked TSB as a bank,but feel they in some way didnt help my cause by careless lending. The woman in the bank did say they should have cancelled our credit cards the 1st time we consolidated!!!!
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:22 am
My regrets have always been that I never cut up my credit cards myself after consolidating. Always kept them for an 'emergency'. It's amazing how many things suddenly turn out to be 'emergencies'!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”