Can I get a 100% mortgage whilst in an IVA?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

hara33

Post by hara33 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:25 pm
Can I get a 100% mortgage whilst in an IVA? Can I get one if I rent out existing property? If I go bankrupt, how many years is it before I can obtain a mortgage?

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:44 pm
Hi hara and welcome.
im no expert but i would have thought it unlikely.
welshboy an expert on here will be able to advise you on this good luck

johnt

Post by johnt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:09 pm
100% mortgages died in May last year. You will need 20% or so value of the property just to get close to a decent rate.

It's unlikely you'll get a Mortgage while in an IVA unless you have saved a very big deposit and can pay back at an extortionate interest rate. This is assuming you can find a lender too even entertain the idea at the moment.

Besides which you'll just be borrowing future negative equity which is set to rise a further predicted 10-15% according to The Council of Mortgage Lenders, so 100% mortgage would be very fool hardy especially being declared bankrupt.

Welsh Boy

Post by Welsh Boy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:15 pm
hara

Welcome to the forum. 100% mortgages are not available as John quite rightly says. You are able to apply for a mortgage whilst in an IVA but you need permission from your IP before you do anything. You would need about 20-25% as a deposit, "can you get a mortgage if you rent out existing property". If you are currently renting a property the same answer applies, seek permission from your IP. You can apply for mortgage funding when you are discharged from your bankruptcy but once again would need roughly the same deposit. Tony
F.P.C. 1,2,3 Qualified
Financial Planning Certificate
CeMap Qualified
Whole of Market Mortgage Broker
Managing Director : Debt Advisory Bureau
Debt Advisory 4U
Principal : All Mortgage Products

Directly Authorised with FSA :304244
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”