MBNA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
30 posts Page 2 of 2

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:01 pm
Hi Karreneanne
Tax and NI on a net profit of 24k will be approx £500 per month so that does seem correct.
Regards
Andam Davies

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:51 pm
Thanks Andy
my husbands profit has been lower for the previous Tax years so i probably did not realise the contributions were part of the self assessment.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:37 pm
Has your husband actually met his IP karenanne?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:41 pm
No,
we have had 3 telphone meetings as they are in N Ireland.
I know you said it is a requirement so i shall raise this with them tomorrow.
Thanks for all your help.x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:44 pm
I can guess the firm that you are dealing with, and this is not the first time that I have heard that they are not compliant with current rulings for the performance of IPs.

It would be interesting to know why they feel such meeting is not important - is your husband on the CIS scheme by chance?

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:05 pm
No
he is not on any scheme. What is CIS.

He is self employed as a Taxi driver.
I am employed part time for an infamous asset Management Company. Bit ironic as can manage other peoples money but not my own!! x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:45 pm
CIS relates to the construction industry - so this is not relevant to your case. The simple fact is that your IP is not complying with Statement of Insolvency Practice No 3 if he does not arrange to meet with your husband personally, or at least have a member of his staff do so.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:47 am
I am not happy that you cannot get a face to face meeting - but as your husband is a taxi driver I can understand why. CIS is the Construction Industry Scheme - don't how that has come into this thread. Press them for details of all their calculations and if necessary post them here for one of the experts on this forum to comment. That might assuage you. Good luck.
Last edited by David Mond on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 pm
Hi Karenanne23.
My name is Michael Peoples and I am the manager of the self employed team at Mc Cambridge,Duffy & Co Insolvency Practitioners and we are based in N Ireland. We do a large number of self employed cases and I am concerned that we may be the firm referred to in this posting. I would appreciate if you could inform me if our firm is acting for you so that I can investigate as to what went wrong. Given the volume of our self employed work it is impossible for one of our IPs to meet every client but I can assure you someone from our office will meet face to face with those clients that are self employed.

I am also concerned that you do not seem to fully understand the proposal as it is our policy to fully explain the proposals before they are sent to clients. Again if this was a failing on our part I apologise.

I would appreciate if you could inform me on the forum if we are the firm that failed you or you can e mail directly at *edited*

*Edited out for your security as not needed now you aren't the firm in question. [:)]
Last edited by Michael Peoples on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:27 pm
Hello Michael
thanks for your posting. It is not your company acting for us. We have spoen to our IP this morning and we do now understand the Tax implactions.
Thanks for your Support.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:37 pm
Glad everything is working out. Keep us posted though.x
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

karenanne23

Post by karenanne23 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:41 pm
Will do

Just a bag of nerves now.
Let's hope our creditors have the Christmas Spirit when it comes round to our meeting.

x

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:29 pm
Hi
Good to see Michael responding on behalf of McCambridge,Duffy and Co,even though it was a false alarm.
Regards
Andam Davies

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 pm
Thanks Andy.
I find the Forum very interesting and informative and to be honest I was really glad it was not us as that would have been my department. Admittedly, we are by no means perfect but it helps to find out what difficulties people are experiencing and hopefully I can prevent similar problems here.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:17 pm
Hi
Full credit to all the professionals who post on here.
They are open for both criticism and praise and to be fair the nature of a forum like this is that the majority of posts will be about a problem or poor service.
Regards
Andam Davies
30 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”