Horrendous Day!

17 posts Page 1 of 2

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:08 pm
Evening all,

I have arrived home to an empty house having had the mother of all days... Firstly I was awake most of the night worrying about things that are out of my control - mainly Northern Rock! Secondly I arrived at work today and had to park my car under a huge tree - so what I hear you all say.......well this tree houses about a million magpies who persistently and indiscriminately pooh all over your car and you cannot get it off for days. Finally I was told from my compassionate and fair, equal opportunity, public funded employer that with effect from the 1st May I will be working for a different boss, in a different office, doing different work. The only saving grace is that I still have a job!!! I know I should be gratful but I HATE this boss and I HATE the new office and also I can only just manage getting out of bed at the moment as I only officially got in touch with Melanie last night so am only just at the very beginning of an uncertain scary journey. I am petrified..........
This forum is a god send and I want to thank everyone for being....well...NICE and UNDERSTANDING.
I feel a bit better now - better make the tea.

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:10 pm
Glad you feel better after letting off steam...it works wonders, doesn't it?
It's nice to be back......

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:29 pm
Hi Maz

Oh what a day!!

My boss, who I got on with both professionally and was a very good friend also, left in October and although my new boss is nice it is not the same. New boss is really nice but its just getting to know him and the way he works. Hopefully things will settle down at work for you and you find it a nice change, and at least as you say you still have a job.
I know the worry you are going through on the financial side and you couldn't be in better hands with Melanie. I had such confidence in her that it helped alieviate the worry to a certain extent, but it is still tough.
Keep in close touch with the forum as it really will help you get through things. My iva was approved in November and it has given me my life back, not going to be easy for the next 5 years but have been fine for the last 6 months[:)]

Best wishes and give your new boss and job a fair chance!!
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:51 pm
Thank you Chris and Emma for you kind words. After reading Martha's post I feel pretty bad.[:(][:(]

lily

Post by lily » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:16 pm
Dont feel bad money stinks, its a very hard time. I know that youre in safe hands but even so its a very scary journey. All you can do is accept that youre not going to feel on top of the world right now BUT you are facing things head on. When something as big as this debt thing rears its ugly head its easy to panic over the other things (I wont say little things) and want to crawl into a little warm hole and stay there.

The way I see this is most of us start this journey already beaten, in an emotional sense, feelings of guilt, panic, fear of what is to be, etc, etc, etc. However, one day this journey will end, none of us can say for sure how but we know its a journey we just have to take. It really does help to share all of the good and the bad things on the way, as only we know just how stressful this debt thing is. There are some very lovely people on this forum that I am priviledged to have known, even though its (mostly )virtual, they are always there through good times and bad.

Best wishes
lily

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm
I know it's hard when your job changes but sometimes it's change that's the scariest thing. Try to embrace this new challenge and learn from it, change is hard but it's not always a bad thing, once you get used to it.
xx
It's nice to be back......

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:00 pm
Look at it as a complete fresh start to coincide with your debt-free fresh start. If you are doing your job properly, this new boss should stay out of your hair hopefully!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:09 pm
I know everyone is right! I managed to nod and smile at all the right times got into my car and cried like a baby - after sending an e mail asking if there was any chance they would send me to college to enhance my skills in my new job!!
If you don't ask and all that.
I will feel better once I have laid awake for another night and discussed it with my current boss tomorrow.
Thanks for your support.[:)]

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:23 pm
try not to lie awake all night.. try and get some sleep.. you now are facing your debts so theres one hurdle crossed!! try and relax..(I know easier said than done)
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:30 pm
Good luck with the new boss and new job Maz. Hopefully when it happens it won't be as bad as you think - things like that often aren't.

You're in good hands with Melanie and I'm sure you'll be feeling better about everything soon x

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:31 pm
Really worried about Northern Rock I feel they could be problematic. All of the threads I have read relating to them have been quite negative. I'm sorry to moan having a bad day - tomorrow will be different I'm sure.[:I]

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 pm
From reading Melanie's posts she has a good relationship with Northern Rock, and I don't think that she would be putting your proposal forward if she didn't think it had a good chance of being accepted x

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:48 pm
Ahh

Not quite made myself clear although I'm glad she has a good relationship with them as if this is the way we go which I think judging from cccs it will be then she'll need one.

We have not got very far yet. I sent Melanie a mail over the weekend and have spoken to three members of her team. All of which have appeared extremely nice and none judgemental.

I am glad this site is here.... I think the picci of your cat is lovely by the way. it is so cute. xx

angela18

Post by angela18 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 pm
if melanie can help you, she will.. she's representing us and she is lovely
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:57 pm
Aaah thanks Maz, he's lovely, although I didn't think that earlier on when he scratched my nose and made it bleed! My fault though for picking him up when he didn't want it!
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for april”