Mortgage Deposits

6 posts Page 1 of 1

kit

Post by kit » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:03 pm
I understand you need a minimum of 10-15% deposit for a mortgage if you are connected to an IVA, and have a question:-
Does this figure apply in the following situations or is the minimum requirement higher or lower:
a) You are still in the IVA and your IP allows you to look at purchasing your own home (with a deposit given to you by a relative that you will pay back after the IVA finishes)
b) You are still in the 5 yr IVA period, but have offered a full and final settlement and are no longer in the IVA but it obviously still shows on your credit file
c) You have completed the 5 yr IVA but are still in the final year where it still shows on your credit file
d) You have completed the 5 yrs plus the 1 clear yr and it no longer shows on your credit file, though you would have to admit to it if asked on the forms

Thanks, Kit

mick.i

Post by mick.i » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:21 pm
Thats a great question Kit and i'd be happy to hear any advice on these options too.

Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:41 pm
a) The maximum loan to value on most plans is 85-90% the rate will vary depending on a number of factors but should be 1.5 - 2% over prime rates. Lenders prefer to see a min of 6 months into the IVA - some lenders prefer + 12 months.

b) If you have only offered a full and final settlement you will still be within your IVA and therefor the above applies.

c) The IVA is completed and therefor not relevant to a mortgage lender. This is still a near prime / sub-prime lender the rate will be better more competitive.

d) You may be considered by a Prime / High Street lender at this point. Rates and loan to values as per standard prime rates.

Mortgage lenders are criteria driven and fairly relaxed about IVA's - the rates you pay for near prime or sub-prime lending are still competitive and come with the usual fixed rate periods etc etc
Last edited by Storm on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kit

Post by kit » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:00 pm
Thanks for your comments.
Kit

mick.i

Post by mick.i » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:01 pm
Many Thanks Storm for your detailed answers.

sarah1975uk

Post by sarah1975uk » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:15 pm
How helpful thanks xx

Thank you for eveyone's help & Support xx
Thank you for eveyone's help & Support xx
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”