Have finally posted my IVA documentation

18 posts Page 1 of 2

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 pm
Hi

Sounds silly but completed my paperwork a few days ago and been putting off sending it, stupid I know. I have good recommendations about Co-Op Bank as applied over telephone with them last Monday and new account details and cash card arrived in the post on Friday! Have contacted payroll at work who were really good today and have agreed they will be able to change details etc in time for my salary at end of June to go into new bank account. I hope that goes smoothly as last thing I need is it going into natwest old bank account, don't even want to think about what I will do then, stressed to them how important it was that salary goes into new account.

Have made token payments to creditors via letter but what I am dreading the most after reading the forum posts is the hassle from creditors and worrying about silly things like will Debt Free Direct accept my IVA proposal and will anyone be knocking on door like debt collectors etc, this month is first month of making token payments and going to call DFD tomorrow to see if they have received paperowrk and when I can expect to hear from them.

I just want to be able and hope I will, to be at the stage of writing on the forum IVA accepted!!!! It's so good to read the relief on postings from people who have been accepted.

Lula

Post by Lula » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:55 pm
You just have to ride the storm of calls and nasty letters ( all fair enough given that they are owed money). Just remeber your IP wouldnt put your proposal forward if it didnt stand a chance!
lulablog.blogs.iva.co.uk

westonr

Post by westonr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:55 pm
Hi dorste 70

i know exactly how you feel - I have my IP at DFD and they have been fantastic with there turn around times. I applied the beggining of May and I have my creditors meeting on 26th june so a very anxious time. since sending my proposal off to my creditors i have had no calls from them - not sure if this is a good sign but if you have any concerns call your IP at DFD and they will offer you reassurance as much as they can. I have everything crossed, the wait is the worst thing but its good to hear from others on the forum. i hope all goes well for you.

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:59 pm
thanks westonr, good to hear re your turn around time, not long at all, one other question I have, do you know how much fees are charged, just trying to see how much will be left for creditors?

westonr

Post by westonr » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:24 pm
I think it is about 6k for the term of the iVA on my case which is very comparable to what i see others are charging on here -I will let you know how I get on. Cheers

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:42 pm
Hi Dorset

One very important point to remember. Its not DFD that have to accept your prroposal. Its the creditors. Do make sure you fully understand the implications of any Equity Release if you own your property and if DFD want higher contributions be sure you can cope with the increase as 5 years is a long time.

I'm over 6 months into not paying my creditors and I've received some calls and letters but as yet no knocks at the door.

Post more when you get your reply.

Regards

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:47 pm
hi bear, just out of curiosity have you not got a date for your creditors meeting yet?
kerri

Please view my blog at: http://scaredkez.blogs.iva.co.uk/

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:22 am
hi kerri

Hopefully something very soon now. Will keep you posted.

Dave
Regards

Dave

scaredkez

Post by scaredkez » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:27 am
good i hope so you have been posting as long as me, would love you to get some closure soon.
kerri

marie

Post by marie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:04 am
Morning All
For all that are on the road to become approved !
It's a rough and tumble ride !,but just go along with the flow,i never thought in my wildest dreams that i would be where i am now (accepted yesterday !)its the greatest feeling of achivement eva it will all come to you i'm sure,just have faith.

Marie
36 down 24 to gooooooo

marie

Post by marie » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:07 am
P.s
I feel poud that i went ahead a had the strength to do it,and admit that i was in such a mess, and i knew i had to do something about it.

Marie
36 down 24 to gooooooo

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:56 pm
I think I was lucky but I neverte received a single telephone call or letter from my creditor's apart from letters acknowledging ny IVA application. I was up to date with my payments when I started down the IVA route and made one lot of token payments to my creditors. I was dreading calls, especially at work, but I never got any.

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:03 pm
Hi

Well called DFD tonight and they have received paperwork in post today. She has said they will be going through everything and ensuring they have all documentation they need and that someone will call me next week to arrange an assessment and start process I guess. Feel a tiny bit relieved now that I know first step has been taken and they have paperwork but know calm before the storm.

Made token payments already as much as I could afford which was in most cases 50% of minimum payment required for the month. awful thing is that I know becuase won't have made full minimum payment that already figures have sent to DFD will be out of date as charges will have been put on them. Dreading pay day next friday hoping that all goes smoothly with payment from employers into new bank account and when Natwest will be gettng in touch as they realise that salary has not gone in. Also means direct debit with loan with them wont get paid in July but DFD did advise me to make token payments for the time being and any creditors who call at this stage to advise them that I have sought advice from an professional and that I have been advised to make token payments.

FINALLY.... can I say what a relief and support finding this site has been to be able to converse with people in the same situation as me makes it that bit easier with people who know exactly how you are feeling, thank you to everyone.

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:44 pm
So far so good, after calling DFD on thursday who confirmed have received my paperowrk and tht someone will be calling me next week to go through and start proposa process, received a call from DFD on Friday!! We have arranged a telephone meeting for 9am tomorrow to go through proposal and start process, only thing missing that they require re all paperwork sent is confirmation of my outstanding balance on natwest loan. Pleased that they got back so quickly after receiving paperwork and lets hope everything goes through as quickly!!

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:05 am
Hi Dorset.

Good luck with your telephone meeting tomorrow. Please do remember that whatever you agree to you have to live with for the next 5 yrs. Dont let them persuade you to agree amounts if they are not sustainable. Be very realistic about what you can live on. Its very easy to be swayed by getting the IVA accepted in the first place rather than concentrate on how you are going to achieve it over 60 months.

Best of luck

Dave
Regards

Dave

18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “IVA postbag for june”