Another newbie!

8 posts Page 1 of 1

Bird

Post by Bird » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:15 pm
Hi All,

My debts have been progressively getting worse, to the point I now don't have enough to pay debts and live - basically living expenses go on the credit cards and I'm now out of creidt. So I've been looking up the IVA process and have a meeting with Melanie Giles' office tomorrow. Really worried about it all, but hoping I get this all sorted soon!
I've worked out who I owe money to, and tonight's job is to get the final balances. Bit concerned to read on here that overdrafts have to be included - I do have an overdraft, but I also have an ISA with the same bank, but the money is a relatives and I can't tell them about my debts! Was hoping that the overdraft wouildn't have to be included!
Will keep you updated on my case!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately your overdraf will have to be included as all unsecured debts are captured within an IVA. I'm not sure what happens about the ISA though.

You have chosen an excellent IP to speak to. When you speak to Mel's office, mention your fears to them.

She, or one of the other experts, will probably be on later to give further advice.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm
Hi - Welcome to the forum,I agree with Jan the overdraft will need to be included.

I have met Melanie's team and they are all lovely, so don't be nervous.

Good luck xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:20 pm
Hi and welcome you've made a grand choice talking to Melanie and Co. I'm with Melanie myself and cannot fault anything.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:11 am
Hi there and welcome to the fold

I am sure that my colleague Tina will be able to discuss all aspects of your case with you tomorrow. We will need to deal with the ISA situation, and I will look at this as soon as your information is available.

In the meantime don't worry. You have taken the first step which is often the hardest.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:36 am
I've now discussed things with Melanie Giles' office, and the outcome is that a debt management plan appears to be a better way forward for me. As they don't deal in these themselves, they have passed my details onto Vincent Bond. However, one of my creditors has suggested the CCCS as they don't charge any fee's. Anyone had any experience of the CCCS?

Bird

Post by Bird » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:52 am
I've just posted query in Debt Management area!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am
It's just been answered Bird!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “tips for IVA success”