Typical

10 posts Page 1 of 1

Soggy

Post by Soggy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:22 pm

Hi folks. Newbie here. I've got about 18 months of my IVA left to run and now I find this site! Great. The bad news is my second wife has left me as she was bored and I'm still paying for the first divorce!!! Gotta be doing something wrong! Oh well. Suck it up and move on, yeah? So, another 18 months and I should be debt free but penniless. Still, I created the debt so no point whinging about it, eh? Site looks very good and I'm sure I can still get some great advice from everyone here. See ya.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm
Hi Soggy and a warm welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your matrimonial problems, and perhaps you could share some of your experiences along the way. Good IP? Well explained advice up front? Have you had to increase payments at all? How much has the IP already paid your creditors?

And don't forget you won't be penniless in 18 months time - you will have the IVA contributions all to yourself!!

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Soggy

Post by Soggy » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:51 pm
Ha ha! The IP was Shaws but can't recall who they are called now (paper work still at 'home'). Fees have gone up annually along with wage increases etc. (Do they ever decrese with change of circumstances??). Just dived in to the first IP guys I found, but seems I struck lucky, as they seemed helpful from the start and are still good. They provide an annual detailed letter showing all payments made throughout previous year.

Roll on 2009ish when I can start again and find a mortgage for a cardboard box :-)

sps

Post by sps » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:15 am
Hi Soggy
Just wanted to say welcome and I bet the next 18 months left of your IVA will fly by and you can have a fresh start. Hopefully yours will be an IVA success story as we hear of alot of them failing on here. Keep posting
Sue

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:31 am
Welcome Soggy and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

Soggy

Post by Soggy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:48 am
Why do so many fail? Surely it's a case of shut up, pay up and get over it? I suppose some folks lives/situations change though. Are there many dodgy IP's around?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 pm
I can only speak from my own experience, but my IVA failed as I couldn't afford the repayments, which I agreed to as I was so desperate to get my situation sorted out. I couldn't 'shut up and pay up' as I didn't have enough money to live off - there was an error in the figures meaning I had £100 less per month that I should have had. And before you ask, yes, I did check the figures, and so did my partner, but we both missed it! I was left in a situation where my partner was supporting me, and I knew that I couldn't carry on like that for 5 years which is why I opted for bankruptcy, which with hindsight I should have done in the first place.

Regarding the IP question, yes, it does appear that there are some dodgy IP's and companies around. The amount of people on this site who's I & E is adjusted unrealistically to make sure that the IVA is accepted is scary.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Soggy

Post by Soggy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm
Looks like I've been very fortunate indeed to just land with the IP I did! Like your 'tomorrow is a mystery' line. There's only one more shuffle of the I&E's to go so as long as I'm strong I should make it. It'll be interesting as they'll no longer be able to take my wife's income into consideration yet my outgoings will probably be just as much...

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:59 pm
Hi, Soggy. Shaws are called The Payplan Partnership now. I'm with them and found them fine overall. Only made one payment so far but, fingers crossed, we're both confident of seeing it through to the end.

Soggy

Post by Soggy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:19 pm
Ah! Well done. That's them. I found the ladies on the end of the phone have always been helpful and very 'human' in their dealings which is a good thing.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”