we have been approached by jefferson hobbs

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1

trina.wg

Post by trina.wg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:56 pm
we have been approached by jefferson hobbs about entering into a dmp rather than continuing with iva

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:59 pm
Ambulance chasers trying to get blood out of you. If you're happy with the IVA stick with it.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm
In the early days of my IVA they contacted me. They trawl the insolvency register, ignoring the fact that I am registered with the mailing preference service to stop their letters and tried to get me to go bankrupt for a fee that I would have had to pay them for.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

trina.wg

Post by trina.wg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:33 pm
we are currently in a iva with debt free direct we had a leeter of jefferson hobbs to say they could help us i rang them and a gentleman called Barry Pitts visited us yesterday(sunday). He informed us that up to £30k could be discharged and also that we might be entitled to some repayment of possible ppi from our creditors on various credit cards and loans. Two questions

1st. Are jefferson hobbs a legitimate and known to yourselves
2nd. Is a five year dmp agreement a suitable solution to our debt problems

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm
Hi Trina,

The only way that you can have any of your debts written off is by doing an IVA. With a debt management plan you will continue to pay until everything has been paid back and there is no guarantee that yu will have charges and interest frozen.

If you are happy with your IVA then continue you with it, if you are having problems then speak to DFD in the first instance.

These firms get your details from the Insolvency Register and they are only interested in making money for themselves.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 pm
You can claim the PPI back yourself, rather than pay someone else to do it for you.

I've chosen not to claim it back personally as it would only go to the IVA under the windfall clause, little point really.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:55 pm
Why would anyone think that an insecure openended repayment plan, which would run longer than the remaining time you have left on your IVA, be a better option. Did they tempt you with saying that they could reduce your payments?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:23 pm
I've seen similar outfits on my travels round the web and their very existence terrifies me.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:04 am
We both had letters from Integrity on Saturday. They were consigned to the recycling bag!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:26 am
Why do people even contact these firms back or allow them into their homes?? They are absolute scum,and ruin lives.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:33 am
People do it because they think someone can help them get out of debt quicker and these firms make it sound easy.

It will be particularly tempting if you are struggling with your IVA. Don't forget that the vast majority will never have found us and won't know any different.

It should always be remembered that if it sounds too good to be true, it most probably is.
Bob Marley.

openmind

Post by openmind » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:51 pm
I'm just reviewing an IVA ,two council tenants both on benfits one disability living one carers allowance. No assetts no car. Only one owed over 15k one owed 1500 so an IVA company said 'only one solution an IVA. So they were told to pay their benefits into an IVa 198 per month. they live as paupers. Who of you here that says this is correct? Who will say they should NOT go br? How did IVA find them? , trawling of bad creditor data bases. Those in glass houses people! Some of you people sound so clever and self righteous, consider, if you are so adept why are you in IVA I'd take advice from a professional or a successful person only.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:56 pm
I don't think that any of us who post on this forum deserve that reply openmind and I am locking the thread.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm
I think your username is apt as we should all have an open mind to all debt solutions available to us. We would always advise any post to take case specific advice from a professional and to get 2 if not 3 opinions to ensure impartial advice. The professonal posters on the forum give up their time and expertise freely to not only their own clients to any poster who requires help/guidance. The others here including myself help to signpost to the professionals and offer reassurance and guidance if a poster is unsure but never claim to be professionals.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”