Told by DFD that if I don't sign PPI form I won't get my IVA certificate.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
158 posts Page 4 of 11

mumsy17

Post by mumsy17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm
Update to my situation is I've just received an email from Equity in Finance confirming they have closed my ppi claim file in accordance with my instructions. They also cc'd DFD into the email!
Hooray, looks like I might be getting somewhere [:)]
IVA CC received 6th Sept 2012

Annie59

Post by Annie59 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:23 pm
Thanks very much mumsy - much appreciated; I (like everyone else in a similar position) really don't need this sort of hassle at this stage in the process!

terrytibs55

Post by terrytibs55 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:45 pm
Your not alone and I have had a similar problem with my IVA Company. If you check the last few forum posts you can read about mine called 'IVA Company Obtained My PPI'

The OFT and FOS are currently investigating these types of things with IVA companies because there seems to be some malpractice. I have an insolvency solicitor now advising us and he has instructed me to go bankrupt as best advice. He says that the problem with them holding onto PPI and not releasinf certificates is wide spread and a serious thing that is about to be exposed.

Hope this helps

mumsy17

Post by mumsy17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:00 pm
Good to know terry, as they shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, they're basically bullying vulnerable people and it needs to stop.

terrytibs55

Post by terrytibs55 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:26 pm
Quite and I'm glad you raised this because there were certain commentators on here who thought I was an 'ISOLATED' CASE...[^]

Annie59

Post by Annie59 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:44 pm
Absolutely! It's completely immoral......I really do despair at the attitude of someof these Insolvency Companies - particularly the larger ones like DFD. We have all been through so much stress etc in the first place; we certainly shouldn't be experiencing this sort of anxiety and hassle just now. Communiction with clients needs to be much improved!

mumsy17

Post by mumsy17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:47 pm
Well you're definitely not an isolated case that's for sure as I've come across a few others on here and there's no doubt more out there who are not posting but just reading the forum for advice.

Annie59

Post by Annie59 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:56 pm
Well, well, well....just had a "complaints person" from DFD call me - and very professional and pleasant she was too. She took my point about lack of communication with clients and said that this was something DFD could definitely improve upon (she's not kidding!). Anyway, she has spoken to my IP (again I'm not "allowed" access to him!!) and they will now "fast track" my case by sending me a declaration to sign saying I don't wish to pursue any PPI claim; and by arranging a Creditors' Meeting for the VAT issue. She reassured me that none of this will affect my agreed F&F and no more payments will be due (this is what I was beginning to worry about). She also explained a lot more about the actual process of completion and what needs to happen which was helpful. Again, I feel they need to be far more pro-active with regard to informing clients of the various processess. I think my blood pressure is more or less back to normal [;)]

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:00 pm
I'm glad you've had some communication now and hopefully this will all now be sorted and you can move on.

mumsy17

Post by mumsy17 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 pm
that's fantastic news Annie, glad it's all on the road to being sorted. Just need that VAT variation meeting set up which can take a while, I was told about the VAT issue and the need for a meeting in March/April time i think but the meeting wasn't held until the 28th May. Keep pestering them, you've nothing to lose. Good luck.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:07 pm
Very pleased to read both Mumsy17 and Annie59 have now got somewhere with their issues of pressure to make PPI claims. Glad to read you have been listened to and the matter will be stopped. I am concerned however Annie that you "are not allowed access" to your IP - by instructing them to propose your IVA and supervise it, you are entitled to have direct contact with them. Maybe the restriction is due to time constraints if they only have a very few IPs for a high number of clients I don't know - either way, the level of service you get should be the same whether you choose one of the larger companies or a smaller more personal company.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

kieser

Post by kieser » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm
Mumsy17,I would like to have contact with you outside of this forum but not sure how i can give you any details without breaking forum rules.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:25 pm
Details can only be exchanged if both parties agree to it.

You won't be allowed to post details on the forum.

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:51 pm
Hi,

Something I forgot about is Frugal Friends. There is a link on the right hand side of the page where you can add people as friends and if the other person agrees you can contact each other.

kieser

Post by kieser » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm
Niobe,thanks for the advice but i cannot find the frugal friends link on the right hand side
158 posts Page 4 of 11
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”