The Man from NR he say............................

49 posts Page 3 of 4

pippa

Post by pippa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:16 pm
Hi all

Had my meeting, head is in a spin again so going to take some time to think through my options, I was wondering does anyone have Welsh Boys email address to hand, I need to ask some advice from him

Regards

Pippa

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:38 pm
Hi Pippa

antony.parsons@btopenworld.com.

Best of luck

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:49 pm
Thanks Dave

Pippa

fudge34

Post by fudge34 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:19 pm
Hope you are OK - just remember to take your time and explore every option, it is only debt and there are thousands if not millions of people the world over who are in the same boat - if you need anything or just to rant then do so! hopefully things will seem brighter over the next couple of days hang in there [8D]

pippa

Post by pippa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:37 pm
Thanks fudge,

Pippa

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:57 pm
Good luck to both of you x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:18 am
Skippy13
Thanks, had a total melt down yesterday both brain and chocolate, but feeling a bit better today, I at least got some sleep last night, thankfully.
I dont think I can let this drag on much longer, the calls are continuous and I am on the brink of a something not sure what, I am now impatient to get closure on this asap, however I have another meeting with Melanie on Monday who thankfully is still trying and I am very grateful to her and the team.
I spoke with my mother and its possible she would buy out the beneficial interest in the house when I become BR, but I dont want to pressure her although she knows there is no one else and I feel lousy for just having to mention it. Although I said earlier that the house is getting me down i have to be realistic in that I have a 15 year daughter 2 dogs and 2 cats , I cannot think for a moment who would rent me a property as a bankruptee.

My mum would need to get a mortgage for the amount does anyone have any experience of this and was wondering how my mortgage lender would view this, or do I not need to involve them???? Any advice on this one would be appreciated.

Pippa

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:04 am
Sorry I am abit late at replying to this post, just to let you know I was in the same situation, NR said no to my IVA (and 2 others mind) my husbands was approved (different creditors) we had no choice but for me to file for BR and I have never been so scared in my entire life but looking back now I know it was the best thing to happen, the people were lovely at the court, the OR interview was fine, I got to keep my car (worth £1,500) and I don't have an monthly IO to pay (think this is because my husbands IVA is £350 per month so not too much left!) I no longer get phone calls (the relief just from that is immense) and the post is alot less now too! our only downfall is we are losing the house, and whilst this is devastating I am slowly learning that as long as I have my family and friends we will be fine - perfect excuse to have a good clear out!.
My name was in the paper the other week - along with 7 others and not 1 person has mentioned it to me, they are probs more embarrased to ask than I am to answer them.
It is hard and stressful at the time but really if you have tried all other options then going BR can work out - it has for us.
Good luck
Rachel

pippa

Post by pippa » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:10 am
Thanks Rachel

I am so glad its all working out for you, must be a huge relief to have some peace of mind.
Have you been told how long you have to remain in your house yet? I am working on the asumption that as my daughter is only 15 they will at least give me a year to find something else. Although i am going to do all I can to stay if at all possible.

Take care

Pippa

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:29 am
Hiya Pippa,

We have 2 boys who are under 6 and I think we have at least a year, we have put our name down for a council house so I think it could be while before we get anywhere we want as we really would like to stay in the same area of town, that's the hardest part for me at the moment not knowing when and where!
The OR was really nice though when I mentioned the house, I explained that a family member was going to help but I just didn't want to owe anything to anybody anymore, I know some people may think we are daft when we have had an offer of help, but for us we want a fresh start and to be able to start living again not having the constant worry of how we can pay anyone back, also the house needs loads done and the mortgage is going up and up!
Rachel

pippa

Post by pippa » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:39 am
I totally understand the need for a clean start. I dream of it daily lol.
My house too needs a lot of work still. Its an old house and is a little touchy.... but I have decided I will try to keep it with my mums help. It does depend on how much the OR will set the beneficial interest of course but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Pippa

rachel33

Post by rachel33 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:45 am
aren't mums great! If it were my mum and dad I would probs have done the same.
Just hold in there Pippa and it will all soon be over and you can start living your life again.
All the best
Rachel

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:22 am
i am sorry to hear this Pippa, if NR will not budge then bankruptcy might be best for you. As fro the car, i know people invest a lot of emotion in their cars, there is an upside no more insurance to pay out, no more fuel costs to cover, no more servicing charges which always find an expensive fault Skippy is right cars are moving money pits, gaping chasms actaully.

I got rid of both my cars 7 years ago and have not mised them, when public transport was not an option i have hired one, it turned out slightly cheaper.

pippa

Post by pippa » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:34 am
Thanks Dominic

To be honest the car is the least of my worries, I am just really bothered about the house, its not that I mind moving out but as I said not only do I have my daughter to consider but I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, and cant see how I will get any housing with the pets not alone as a Bankruptee[:(], will just have to hope that the BI is not too high and perhaps my mum can do a deal with the trustee but the car if it has to go it has to go. I am not to far from public transport links anyway,

Thanks again

Pippa

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:46 am
are they taking the hosue off you?
49 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”