the implications of renting a smaller house?

4 posts Page 1 of 1

nsha

Post by nsha » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:25 am
My partner and I started an IVA in january this year and pay £300 a month. We live in rented accommodation and pay £700 a month rent plus bills (altogether our joint wages of nearly £2000 barely cover everything, neither of us has had a payrise in 2 years and have just lost £80 a month due to work cutting pay)

We have been offered a smaller house for £400 a month and wondered what the implications would be because of the IVA. Would they take the £300 that we wouldn't be paying in rent (even though this wouldn't be disposable as such as we are behind in bills plus my partner has a child who he pays maintainence for which has just gone up). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:52 am
Hey nsha, you should talk to your IP, you will probably have to submit your new income and expenditure, Please wait for an expert's advice. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:53 am
Defo have to go to IP with this and do new I&E. Good luck.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am
Your IP will undertake an overall reassessment of your situation, taking into account the rental reduction but also your salary reduction and increased bills. What sort of employer would instigate a salary reduction at this time of high fuel and food prices? It beggars belief!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for june”