Thank You - Frugal Friends Summer Get Together

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:08 am
Last night 16 forum members got together.

We had a lovely night sat out in a very warm garden ... Enoyed a BBQ and few drinks.

Thank you to Mel for sponsoring the event.

Lovely to meet new faces and catch up with old friends !

Sorry to disappoint those who wanted to see photos on facebook ....but no photos .... We all agreed to simply enjoy the evening which we did till the early hours !

Hopefully there will be a Christmas event .... Date and venue to be confirmed.
Last edited by luluj on Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:58 am
Hi

Many thanks for a lovely evening Liz, it was great to catch up with familiar faces but also to meet new forum members
Great weather and a great evening

Regards
Andam Davies

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:30 am
Glad you all had a lovely time .
Steven & Debbie

kev59

Post by kev59 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:22 pm
Great evening Liz. was nice to meet other members too.
thanks from me and Vicky.
IVA now over with and it was worth it.
now starting my life again,

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:58 pm
Was great to meet so many people. Beautiful weather and a lovely atmosphere. Thank you for hosting Luluj and thank you for sponsoring Melanie.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:54 pm
It was lovely to see everyone, and enjoy lovely food and drinks in the sun. Athough I spent nearly 8 hours in the car yesterday, it was definitely worth it. My highlights were hearing K&Vs wonderful story, seeing Lesley's face at the "surprise" and definitely Luluj's sister's scrumptious roulade.

Many thanks to Mr & Mrs Luluj for putting on such a good show for all of us.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 pm
It was nice to finally meet you in person Mel .... The roulade plate has been returned empty with a little note on it asking for MORE !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm
Glad you all enjoyed and you had lovely weather too! [8D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 pm
My surprise was that Luluj had arranged for my daughter who is at uni in Manchester to be there...I had no idea whatsoever and must admit it was one of the nicest things anyone had ever done for me. Thank you luluj for arranging that and for putting us up for the night.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 pm
Thank you to Luluj for hosting the evening, and of course to Melanie for her kind sponsorship, I enjoyed meeting up with some people again and meeting new faces. PS I loved the roulade too!!
Final payment 1st April 2016.
Completion Certificate received 19th May 2016.

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 pm
We went along to the Get Together - it was our first forum "event" and we really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to Luluj and family for hosting and to Melanie for sponsoring. Everyone was so friendly and in between the IVA talk, we had some excellent chats about "normal" things. Thanks to everyone for making us so welcome and we are looking forward to seeing everyone again, and maybe some forum newbies, at the next event. Thanks also to Hyperdrive for so kindly giving us the use of the room he had booked at the Premier Inn (but wasn't able to make the get together) - it was a lovely gesture and being able to walk back to the hotel having had a wonderful evening was the icing on the cake. Had Sunday lunch at my mum's (2 youngest kids stayed there last night) and finally got home about 4.00pm after a fantastic weekend. Shame I've got to go back to work tomorrow!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:02 pm
Was lovely to meet you and your husband, glad you enjoyed your first FF meet and hope to see you again x

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:57 pm
Thank you everyone for a lovely afternoon on Saturday - especially the hosts with the mosts! It was great to see some of you again and meet new faces - Kev you especially made my evening to hear how you have turned things around since we first spoke all that time ago. An inspiration for anyone finding thmself in a difficult place with no hope in sight.

The setting was lovely, the food was great and the company even better - my only disappointment was having to leave just before puds were served as they looked amazing!

Looking forward to the next time folks...until then, see you on here!

Tina x
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”