Surprise marriage leaves me worried about IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

sean

Post by sean » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 pm
Hello - I have an IVA which I am now in my third Year... As a surprise my partner whisked me to my local registery office and got married.. the whole thing was a surprise but now am concerned with my IVA as I don't share a bank account with my new husband who has his own finiacial issues and i don't know what to do about my IVA - how it will effect him/us please can you help am very worried
Kind regards

Sean

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:21 pm
How romantic! Congrats to him and all the best to you xx speak to your IP as soon as you come down from cloud 9 and explain the situation. If you were already living together, I see no reason to change either of your financial arrangements. If you are newly living together, your IP may want to complete a new I&E form for the household. Again, best wishes to you both!

James Falla

Post by James Falla » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 pm
Hi Sean

Congratulations!! Based on the position that only change to your circumstances is that you have got married, there should be no reason to worry about your IVA at all. You simply need to continue to make your parments as before.

However, if you are now going to start making changes in terms of your living together or the way you deal with your living expenses, you need to speak to your IP and discuss everything with them.
James Falla
IVA & Personal Debt Solutions Expert
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”