starting to feel nervous

17 posts Page 1 of 2

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:11 am
We have sent in all our figures to Melanies team, and now just waiting for proposal!! Have a whirlwid of feelings, God help me when it comes to the creditors meeting itself.. (hubby thinks I'm obsessed) it does sort of take over your life, doesn't it. My friend is trying for another baby through IVF, but I asked if it was through IVA. Luckily she hadn't a clue what I was rabbitting on about[:I].

How long should it take from now, any ideas??
Last edited by angela18 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:40 am
Once all the paperworkis done the creditors meeting will be in no more than 4 weeks normally-it does take over your life, but then I would rather be budgeting in to the positive side of my bank account than all the negative sides I have been doing!

7 down 53 to go and still in credit! Proud of myself!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:43 am
well done lulu, we have started to budget, so hopefully if everything accepted, will know what we are doing first and what our limits should be.
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:18 am
Angela, you'll be ok. I laughed about the IVF/IVA....[:D][:D]
I remember when we filed br, I was convinced the judge was going to say no and just send us off to deal with the debts on our own again.... I think it must be so much worse for IVA, there's a chance of modifications and creditors saying no, but from other poster's, I think IVA's get rejected only if it isn't feasible. Melanie and her team will look after you and give you good advice on your IVA. Good luck and have a great Easter weekend,
xx
Last edited by chris.g on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

lily

Post by lily » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 am
Angela

Its quite normal to be nervous its a big step to take. Just remember youre doing all you can, it needed to happen, right??? Now you can look ahead knowing that something is going to end the debts one way or another. I am sure youre in safe hands and Melanie wouldlnt be proposing if she didnt think it was going to be accepted. The ball is in the creditors court now, you can do no more. It does take over your life, you want it sorted, done and dusted. Just hang in there a little longer, each day that passes, your moving forward, out of debt and not getting deeper into it, like you were before.
lily

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:30 am
Yeah I know, I normally am quite positive and I know Melanie and her team will do everything in there power to succeed, just having a 'what if?' day!!

I think its the not hearing anything that makes you think there might be a problem but the saying goes "no news is good news"!! I think thats the right one!![:I]

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:39 am
Best of luck Angela.... waiting is always a pain, but you have the best team on your side, so try to relax and enjoy the eater break....

Best wishes

Martin

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am
thanks martin, been out for walk feel loads better!

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:09 am
Hi Angela, I had the exact feelings you're experiencing, I was obsessed with the IVA and even told my husband he didn't care etc.,he did but didn't want to eat/sleep/breathe IVA 24/7 like I did. I am with Melanie and feel confident for you, try to relax Angela, I'm sure all will be fine. I realise it's easy to say as my meeting was on Feb 8th, 3rd payment coming up. I'm not as obsessed now but can actually say I enjoy being in an IVA for the security it gives me. All the best Angela x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kal

Post by kal » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:22 am
Just want to wish you the best of luck - I'm sure the time will fly by to your meeting, and it will all be fine.
I have only just started out - we got finalised yesterday.
I agree about it taking over your whole life, the worrying, and thinking what if - but when they told me yesterday that i was protected, it was like a big lead weight had been lifted.
When we first started the ball rolling, my husband spoke to lady at our DMP and asked her about us going for IVF!!!!! Luckily she knew what he meant.
k.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:37 pm
Easy mistake to make Kal!! at least he'll not get pregnant!![:I]

sblack

Post by sblack » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:25 pm
Hi angela18

What you are feeling is completely normal.
Our IVA was approved last week and all the feelings you describe are exactly what I was feeling before then.
Our creditors meeting was three weeks after we sent our proposal back so yours should happen soon.
We are with Melanie too and you really are in good hands with her and her team.
Keep positive and try to have a good Easter!

isthereanend - you are so right I feel exactly the same about the security the IVA has given us.
"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said that it’d be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:01 pm
thanks sblack, I'm generally fine just woke up this morning with a black cloud!!

probably bank holiday weather blues!!

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:24 pm
Hi Angela
You will be fine,Melanie has one of,or the,highest acceptance rates in the industry
Regards
Andam Davies

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:30 pm
I know think I'm just being silly today. Just been boxing my hubby on the WII so all frustraton completely gone!! Hubby looking a bit worried though, was really going for it!![:o)]

17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for march”