Shouldn't IP dealing with IVA have sorted all that

3 posts Page 1 of 1

Lisajs

Post by Lisajs » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:35 pm
My husband & i entered into an iva, and completed it successfully within 10 months, due to selling our property. 4 years later, have bought our own home and have started to receive threatening letters again! Sent off for credit reports and still loads still on them thats been paid. Shouldn't IP dealing with IVA have sorted all that? Considering we paid them over £7,000. Have phoned them but being very unco-operative. How do i get credit reports cleared.

Lisa Stone
Lisa Stone

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:55 pm
Hi lisajs

The IP has ceased to act, and as part of his final report would have advised your creditors that you had successfully completed your IVAs and that the balance of their unpaid debts had been written off. Presumably you received a copy of this report, along with your Certificate of Due Completion.

If this has been dealt with correctly, then it is not the IP's fault that creditors have not updated their systems. To get your credit files updated, you will need to send copies of the Certificates of Due Completion to the reference agencies.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

For further details contact me at http://www.melaniegiles.com and view my IVA blog at: http://melaniegiles.blogs.iva.co.uk
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 pm
The Cert of Completion will get the IVA flag updated and should get the outstanding balances for those creditors part of the IVA set to £0 but it will not get the historical payment information removed unless this information is incorrect.

This information will start to drop off your credit file after 6 years.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for march”