Shock horror is there anything we can do ?

167 posts Page 4 of 12

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:24 pm
Gina, what you can do is go to your profile and log in. You will find a drop down menu on there which says Frugal Friends - add whoever you like and if they add you then you can contact each other offline.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:09 pm
When you find one of us on FB, you'll find a whole gang [:)] Hope you get through work tonight xx

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 am
Thanks , I can see how to do it now. Quite calm now..strange considering, guess the fight in me has come back. We have 3 options. Br, never c each other and the family and be ships in the night..that's if there are any jobs out there or as the mother says take the 1st years help off her and then see where we are, pay her back when we can, though she hasn't asked for it. Just would have to if we did after the iva finishes. Well off to bed after a crazy 24hrs lol! Thanks again :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:58 am
Glad you're feeling more positive today Gina. You need to have a sit down now and work out between you what you are going to do but I wouldn't be looking at option 2 though!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:06 pm
Will do. For us we favour br (as we have always been honest and the creditors don't seem to care we have no budget and 3 kids 4 step kids. A lot I know lol! Then again my family are not happy with that option especially the parents. Will mull it over as we are both calm now and we have this forum absolute brill ! :) no we don't favour 2 either

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:13 pm
Gina, some couple split up under the strain of debt. But, the debt issue ( even if it doesn't feel like it at times) is a temporary blip and it WILL pass. I am lucky and found that my wife and I "united" against the debt and are stronger for it. Hang in there and give each other strength and support. These days BR isn't the bogey man it used to be (not to be taken lightly though) ... parents have a different view, being, dare I say it, a generation closer to "work house times" -- those days are gone and BR's are now in very good company !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 pm
Thanks foggy and yes I agree. We went through the sick baby iSsue and it could have been the end of us, but we pulled through at the same time as going through the early years of the iva. My partner says the same as you. We have been through worse. Its just money we still have each other. Think the parents would banish us to the workhouse if they could :) thanks for your support. U are right it has made us stronger over the last few years and even more now. Our favourite saying is "is it beans and rice again then" brings a bit of humour. As long as the kids are ok, we are happy. It won't last forever. I need to remember that. Thanks :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:26 pm
What you have to think of is yourselves. BR has nowhere near the stigma it used to have and your family needn't worry that anyone will find out as it doesn't tend to go in the papers anymore.

You do what is best for you.
Bob Marley.

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:48 pm
We Will do :) can always start a blog on here :)
thanks

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:52 pm
Hi Gina - it's good to see you laughing about it all! You can get through anything if you can laugh about it! X

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 pm
You sound as though you are a very strong couple and this should not alter things.

Just remember that we are here for you at any time. If you want to speak off forum just let me know.
Bob Marley.

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:18 pm
Yes u have to laugh sometimes don't u. It gets u through the day :) Thanks jan, I am on my sisters phone at the moment will definitely do the off forum thing as soon as I can get on the laptop at home. I am braving the cold at the park :) x and a virtual hug for yesterday everyone.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:28 pm
I'll send you an email Gina - as administrator I'm able to view email addresses - that's if it's ok with you of course!
Bob Marley.

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:34 pm
Course that's great. Happy about that :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:40 pm
Be with you shortly!
Bob Marley.
167 posts Page 4 of 12
Return to “a success story”