savings for the ladies

19 posts Page 1 of 2

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:06 pm
Hi folks, hope that everyone is well and keeping warm in this very cold snap. This one is for the ladies regarding cosmetic care, before i found myself in debt and having to take out my IVA i used a very expensive brand of cleanser and toner plus moisteriser, now i can't afford those but have found great replacements which cost pennies as opposed to pounds. Try those wipes that you can get from the cheaper food stores, great for sensitive skin as well, use vaseline for removing eye makeup even waterproof, cheap and very effective, buy aqueous cream for the moisteriser, one of the best you can use and great for people with sensitive skin, my skin has never felt softer etc. All in all you can have a large tub of aqueous cream for just over £1, vaseline for a £1 and the facial wipes around 70pence, all that for £2.70, my toner used to cost me £27.50 but did last 6 months lololol. Good luck to you all and as they say if you look after the pennies the pounds will look after themselves, i sure hope so.xx
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:34 pm
Thanks for the tips. Can you tell me the brand name of the moisturiser that you use?
I use simple cleansing lotion which is great at less than 3.00, it last about 6 weeks as well.

Moneyworries

Post by Moneyworries » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:16 pm
For many months now, i have been using Wilkinson's own (skin therapy) Cleanser, Toner & Moisturiser....its only 75p per bottle, and suprisingly good.

Great tips, Thank you very much

Jenny
Onwards and Upwards is the way for me :-0)

xx

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 am
I use Marks and Spencers make up - they do a great range of foundation, powder, blusher, concealer etc for £2.50 each!

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:08 am
Great tips, I use vaseline a lot, for my lips to stop them drying out, take my make up off and its good for any dry patches.

I'm not so good at using cheaper make ups though as I find it doesn't last so long and iritates my skin. The slighlty more expensive stuff does last a long long time.

I love this time of year, I get loads of bubble bath, body cream etc bought for me....see I'm easy to buy for.[:D]

One thing that sticks in my mind, my mum always always had a bottle of Oil Of Ulay on her dressing table, watching her use it every night has rubbed off...I do to. So does hubby ....ssshh[:I]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 am
Does anyone remember Pond's Cold Cream as well? I think it is still about, and I have been a user of Anne French cleansing milk since I was about 16. Very cheap but definately does the trick.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 am
I find Olay gives me spots [:I]

Before my debt mess, I must confess to buying Roc face cream and someone did comment on how I had no wrinkles, she must need glassess! [:D] Anyway, I could not see any difference myself, nowadays I use E45 on my face and body and hands. Its cheap and has no nasty chemicals in it either. My one and only extravagance is that I will only use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Lightweight Foundation, it is £22 a tube but a little bit goes a long way and it lasts me a whole year, it is the best make-up I have ever bought and I have tried them all. I wouldn't be without it [:D]

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:40 pm
Has anyone tried Aldi's skin serum.Very good i thought.Usually use no 7 at £15 a tube.This is aroung £2 and so far so good? The under eye cream from Aldi is also very good [:)]

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:15 pm
MelanieGiles wrote:

Does anyone remember Pond's Cold Cream as well? I think it is still about, and I have been a user of Anne French cleansing milk since I was about 16. Very cheap but definately does the trick.
At first glance I read that you use french dressing!!!

PS,dont ask what a blokes doing reading a thread about ladies things!!![;)]
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:53 pm
You need to get out more, Plastic!!!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:32 pm
I remember Ponds Cold Cream Melanie!

I use various Avon body lotions and creams, I always go for the ones on special offer!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:14 am
I brought some of that recently Melanie and it's still good stuff, Marsha aqueous cream comes in a large tub 500mls and costs me around 1.50 i think, you can get it from any chemist or home and bargain shops, great stuff and it's used for people with skin complaints and can be even used as an emolient for washing so is ok for the very sensitive skinned folks too.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:31 am
I used to use Roc and if I'm honest I miss it. However, I've gone to Aldi and use their serum and day cream, at the minute I'm trialling a night cream as I do cosmetic trials which give you loads of freebies!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

stressed1

Post by stressed1 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:14 pm
My IVA is still going through- but the one thing suffering is my skin- its so sensitive. When I used Dermalogica it was great evrything cheap I have tried doesnt work !!! Im just gonna have to stick with it......
The counters in Debanhams and Boots are pretty good at giving samples and I use those when my skin is really desperate.....

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:34 pm
hi stressed sorry to hear that you are suffering with skin complaints, i would ask your GP if there is anything you could get on prescription or otherwise speak with the pharmacist he/she may well recommend something like E45 or Aqueous cream, good luck xxxxxxxx.

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “money saving tips”