Review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
53 posts Page 2 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:19 pm
Once you have done the review then I believe they have two months in which to agree or not.

I think you'll be ok Pandy. Don't forget that fuel and food have gone up - I'll be increasing mine as the weekly shop has gone up and fuel has gone through the roof.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:27 pm
We only put £10 per month each fuel in our bikes , I have a 100cc scooter, hubby's is a 125cc one so the fuel increase isn't a huge issue for us, food possibly although we feel that the allowance is actually quite generous for just the 2 of us, we are managing OK and it isn't as if they are going to reduce our payments it states that in the covering letter that any reduction will only be done with a creditor meeting, it is the increase in gas / electric which is the biggy it has gone up by £45 per month.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:32 pm
That's a big hike. Hopefully this will mean that your payments don't have to go up.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 pm
true, hopefully I should hear within the next couple of weeks about whether we are getting a payrise this year and by how much, we have normally heard by now, normally the first week of Feb but so far nothing we are taking that as good news as if it was nothing they would have told us straight away. We need it to help pay the extra for the gas / electric, I am expecting that to go down again though in a few months because when they increased the payment it was because we changed supplier and they calculated 3 months usage against 2 months payments, I think it should average out and reduce by about £20 once they have enough data to do it properly.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:55 pm
I've just had my payrise and don't expect to get another one anytime soon, plus my pension contributions are set to rise. Not good!
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm
Our final salary one ended dec we have all been moved to a defined contribution one, payment have increased a bit but not too much

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm
That's not good - ours is still going at the moment and I've not heard of any plans to change it.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:07 pm
it has caused a few angry words at my works none of us were happy about it, but these days with so many ending we were not suprised

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 pm
I always think that if they are going to close the final salary scheme it should be for newcomers and not those already in the scheme.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:23 pm
They closed it to newcomers a couple of years ago and at the same time put our payments up but then we were told last May it was closing for everyone at the end of the year and that everyone's pension would be frozen at that point, some of us chose to join the new scheme, I have another 18 years before I can retire so it was worth me joining anyone retiring within 5 years it wasn't really worth it as they couldn't build up a big enough 'pot'

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:26 pm
That's not good - I've got just under three years to go now until I retire so I hope ours keeps going.
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:32 pm
I think yours will be safe, your unions would prolong any decision for years LOL you will be retired for many years before public sector pensions get changed LOL

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm
I do hope so - I'm relying on that money!
Bob Marley.

Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:47 pm
Just received my 1st review papers, IVA accepted on the 13th April 2010 so earlier than I expected but glad I have got them to be honest. When totally up everything though I am £3.50 down on income and expenditure as to what I am currently paying in, will this be a problem?

As for pensions, my employer closed the final pension scheme down (with merely a whimper from the unions) last year after paying out millions to senior management during a restructure. Nice, being they are going to have to reduce employee numbers by nearly 2000 over the next couple of years with vastly reduced redundancy payments as well (again no noise at all from the unions and a consultation period of a week over Christmas!)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:52 pm
Shouldn't be a problem.

Not good with the pension scheme though. Seems as though a lot of people are doing that now.

Unions are next to useless.
Bob Marley.
53 posts Page 2 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”