Review Figures - discrepancies?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1

llamedos

Post by llamedos » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 pm
I'm looking at our review documents, and am a bit bemused. I keep a record of all my figures etc, and can see what figures I gave them last year.

Looking at my sheet from the IVA co. compared to my partner's sheet, there are some bizarre differences in figures! There is £50 difference between his income on my sheet versus his sheet, there is £10 difference on medical expenses, 3p difference on car insurance, and a few other random differences - over £100 difference in expenditure altogether. Given that the bills are a fixed figure, shown on the bank statement, I can't see how there can be any difference there, and for things like medical expenses if there was to be a difference, mine should be different!

Also, there are figures that haven't been changed that should have - such as I upped the amount of child benefit we were receiving and it still shows the old figure.

Hubby reckons they had a work ex kid input the figures - does anyone else know why there would be so many discrepancies compared to the figures I send them and from one sheet to another?
The end is in sight - months not years!

Looking forward to a brighter future for my children!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:10 am
If your IP has changed any of your figures this should have been explained to you in the letter which accompanied the review. We do occasionally make minor adjustments, but anything major ought to have been discussed with you in advance. It may be that they have had to restrict certain allowances to the CCCS maximum, but again you should have been informed of that.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

llamedos

Post by llamedos » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:53 am
Thanks Melanie, but why would they be difference on his sheet compared to mine? For example, As said, his income is shown as one amount on my review but £50 more or less (can't remember which way round) on his!
The end is in sight - months not years!

Looking forward to a brighter future for my children!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”