Recommendations for 3 reputable companies ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

gdb22

Post by gdb22 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 pm
I am looking for a reputable company to deal with my creditors preferably a company in the North West.
Can you recommend three that I can compare?

chae

Post by chae » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 pm
I am in the North West and had my Iva coming up to 3 years.. All I can say from my personal experinece is Mel and her team are amazing they are not based up North but are only a phone call away..Honestly I could never thank them enough...

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:38 pm
You do not need an IP in your area for an IVA although in some cases it is preferable. If you are self employed you must meet with the IP firm anyway and if you are not self employed it is not normally necessary. Contact a couple of IP firms for some advice and go with whoever you feel most comfortable with.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm
Afternoon all.

The simple answer is to go to www.iva.com have a look around and you can get most of the info you need from there, but it is a good idea, as you have intimated, to speak to 2 or 3 companies before you make your choice.

Let us know how you get on.

Regards.
Last edited by size5 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Excellent link provided by Size5, always a good starting point as you will not only find a list of companies you will find honestly written reviews about these companies. All the best in your search.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:27 pm
we are with cleardebt who Mike Size5 works for and they have been absolutely fantastic! Mel who also posts on her gets lots of positive feedback too. I think that you need to call a few from iva.com and make sure that you feel comfortable with the company you end up going with. Five years in a close relationship is a long time!! Good luck.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:41 pm
Excellent post from Size5, speak to several companies before making a decision and be totally happy with the advice you receive before committing.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 pm
I'm with Vardan Nuttall in Bury and have found them to be excellent. Liamjames, who posts on here, works for them.

James Falla

Post by James Falla » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:31 pm
Hi there

As Michael mentioned, very few people who do IVAs actually use an IP who is based locally to where they live. The most important thing is that you work with a firm who you feel you like and can trust. Also I would suggest that when choosing a IVA company, making sure that you have easy access to your actual IP is important so that you know you can speak to them if you have challenges to overcome along the way. Good luck with it.
James Falla
IVA & Personal Debt Solutions Expert

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:35 pm
i would like to recommend michael peoples,ive seen him help people on this site time and time again who were in dire straights.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:05 pm
I'm with Payplan and rate them, but there are a lot of reputable companies out there and you should always speak to one or two of them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MRBLUESKY

Post by MRBLUESKY » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm
totally agree with jans post,i completed my iva with payplan without a hitch.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm
Hi gdb22,

You couldn't have come to a better place to get some help and advice. iva.com gives you an idea of the companies available and there are a number of highly recommended IPs and companies on here.

Its important you feel comfortable moving forward, feel infomed of the full facts and most importantly listened to. This is such an important step so seeking out the best ocmpany to represent you is a great place to start.

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

leaKybrain

Post by leaKybrain » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:53 pm
Well just to put my bit in LOL, I am with Melanie Giles too and have nothing but 100% praise for her and her team. Tina who has just posted is with Mel and she was my first contact and couldn't have been better. She was so understanding and put me at ease immediately. they are based in Cardiff and I am in East Yorks so quite a distance between us but it was never a problem.

I hope you get sorted soon

winter_blues

Post by winter_blues » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:08 pm
Hi, I spoke with several firms - completing I & E interviews for each before opting for RE10. They are based in LEEDS and I live in Wiltshire. That suited me as I didn't want a local firm that I would have to meet or could meet any of their staff in connection with my job or socially.

RE10 were very good from the outset, very supportive and have proved professional throughout. They have always dealt with queries promptly and everything has been transparent and straight forward. I would not hesitate to recommend this firm and they come recommended on IVA.com.

Good luck with whoever you choose. I must admit that I have relied upon this forum and trust their advice 100% with any questions I have felt I didn't want to go to RE10 with.
Winter-Blues
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”