Question about payment breaks

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Pap

Post by Pap » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:20 pm
Hi
I know that you are allowed 2 payment breaks during the life of your iva but if you missed a payment (with permission) due to circumstances outside of your control but paid extra over the next few payments to cover what you didn't pay, would this still count as one of your 2 breaks? Or are they only payment breaks if they are still due by the date you were due to finish?
Really hoping it won't happen but there's something going on outside of our control and we won't know till Monday what's happening for certain. Timing stinks as trying to get ready for son going to uni(results permitting of course) so I could well do without anything else! No contingency as everything that could have happened up till now has so no money left in kitty to cover anything unexpected.
Having a very stressful time at the moment.

Thanks for reading
May 2015 - Completed!!

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:29 pm
I'm not really sure but you would think that if you have repaid a 'payment break' that this is acceptable.

I hope things work out for you x

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 pm
Helen

On the subject of payment breaks can I ask a question?

Hubby and I are taking a break to pay for car repairs but we are paying a little onto each payment for the next year. So even though we are paying back is this 1 of our 2???

Pap

Post by Pap » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:45 pm
We're with Melanie, I really hope it doesn't come to it but it is a distinct possibility. I'm just annoyed because it's something we can't control and don't want but may have no option.
Anyway, really well done to you finishing your iva - well done, you must be so happy!
May 2015 - Completed!!

briggadeen

Post by briggadeen » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 pm
lol no worries!! Ours states 3 as well. I will just take things as they come.

I'm sure the customer services team are sick of hearing from me! I must send an email each week!! [:)]

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:44 am
Pap - contact me directly if you need to, but please don't worry about this. You are really good committed clients, and there is bound to be a good reason for your current plight. I will never let a good client's IVA fail - but we just need to head off any problems at an early stage.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”