Pippa - Mish

4 posts Page 1 of 1

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:49 pm
"Mish how are you and your daughter, havent seen you posting for a while

Pippa"

[:D]
I'm well thanks , I haven't posted for a while , been keeping my head down.

We got hit by another car 3 weeks ago, nothing too serious but a pain, my car is damaged but driveable and Im trying to get it all sorted out , the car isnt worth much and it looks as if the insurance co may write it off - the amount they suggested for repairs is around the value of the car, so its touch and go.

I was off sick for a couple of weeks not related to the accident but it sort of laid me low for a while.
My daughter has been ill off school to-day , virus , so I managed to get on earlier to-day, while she was sleeping. Looks like Im going to have a couple of days off looking after her.

On the BR front, I have now got a nil tax code, and have added my tax amount to my IVP, that still seems weird that the IR put you on a zero code to help get you on your feet and the OR takes it away .. oh well.

I haven't heard anything about the house, I have no idea when they will want to take that off me .

Im trying really hard to stick to my budgets and reduce my ciggie intake - just getting used to it all I guess.

On the good news front I have managed to sort out a motorbike, its a wreck, 17 years old, legal, rideable but needs a lot more work, I 'lost' my bike to the BR and I enjoy tinkering, fixing etc and this is going to be an interesting project.I'll replace bits as and when I have raised the money for them, it'll keep me busy [8D]

Oh and Ive gained another year 54 now .. arrrgh .

How are you ?

Slainte
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

thebear29uk

Post by thebear29uk » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:16 am
Hi Mish

I've been wondering where you had got to as well. I went to the last debt evening in Birmingham and whilst chatting we were saying who, off the forum, we would like to have met. You were one of the ones we would have most liked to meet.

All the best

Dave
Regards

Dave

View my blog at www.thebear29uk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

mish1953

Post by mish1953 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:50 am
Cheers - thanks Dave .. dunno why ... mostly I'm a demented idiosyncratic grumpy 'ol git who rants and raves and shouts curses at the skies .

I would have and would love to, get to one of the meetings but being a single parent kindof restricts my options sometimes.

hey isn't this a great place .

Slainte
Mish
Early Discharge is not an illness !

pippa

Post by pippa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:55 pm
Yes but its that demented sense of humour we all like!

Sorry to hear about your car glad you are bth ok though, but great news about the bike I am sure you will enjoy bringing it up to scratch.

All a bit quiet here on the BR front, have just had a payslip through and tax has been paid as normal so assume I wont start handing that over for another month yet. Same here with the house, no news on how much the BI will be set at, still at odds to let my mum try and raise it but she wants to so will wait and see.

I am with you on the ciggie reduction plan, have wanted to stop for so long........but well lately just hasnt been the right time.

Hope your daughter is feeling better soon, this virus is everywhere.
And happy birthday
Take care Mish

Pippa
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner: chat in 2007”