PayPlan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
196 posts Page 11 of 14

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:48 pm
How about Estate Agents, Andy ... or Civil Servants ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:49 pm
Mel,

I have lost track how many times I have praised you and your firm on here because of all the positive feedback you get. I do not trust every IP or IVA company out there because from first hand experience I have had them try to exploit me whilst in this vulnerable situation with the threat of bankruptcy quite often used when they wish to hammer home a demand. Just because your practice and many others do an amazing job does not mean that others are as professional as you and not out for a quick extra buck from the vulnerable. There are also people out there who try to speak to their IP and resolve these "minor" issues to no success and ultimately their IVA fails and they're at square one despite paying for years into the plan. I am sure you know of the statistics re complaints to the financial ombusman about IVA's and they state that even though as a general rule IP's are keen to keep their clients happy they also uphold a lot of complaints made from members of the public against their IVA company/IP.

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42341 is one of the topics re PPI

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42359 - here is another one where they have said that due to a creditor not submitting the right amount in the initial IVA meeting but adding it a year later they never contacted him but now he has been told he has to pay another years worth of contributions due to the creditors error?

Jan struggled to get a payment break and when she finally did got told she has to pay it back over two months with no scope for longer.

Within this payplan thing there's one from Pandy regarding he's finished paying his contributions but then they contacted him asking for £500 a month unless they will make him bankrupt until his completion certificate comes out.

There are plenty of anomalies being mentioned regularly on here and whether they are rare cases or not they should still not be happening and is very distressing for the people having to go through this at the time.
DaveyBoi - Just Keep Smiling :)

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 pm
I stand by my post Daveyboi but I will add that I only got told what happened by my friend , I have no proof or confirmation of what was said to her hubby, only what she told me, although I have no reason not to believe her.
I passed on Nicks email address to her I was just acting as a middle person,
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 pm
Pandy I am glad you do stick to your post. At the end of the day everything I have posted and anyone else has posted is that they want a fair IP, to resolve their issues and treat them right. If you are an IP such as Nick or Mel or a business professional like Andy and you DO treat your customers right then you have no requirement to be on the defensive because none of the comments that I have made or seen on this forum are in any way a dig at honest IP's. It's a case of a few bad cases letting the side down perhaps. But if that IS the case then it would be more important than ever for IP's to unite and go against any who are not working ethically because otherwise it easily could paint the honest ones in a bad light.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm
Agreed, all I was trying to do with my iniatal post was ask if anyone else had gone through the same thing with Payplan, and get a little advise for my friend. I was quite shocked with what had happened especially as we were chatting a few days ago and she was saying he hadn't received his Cert yet and he was getting quite frustrated that he hadn't. It was then she told me about this PPI claim that Welcome finance had instigated, I told her that was probably what was holding up the cert, and advised her just to wait as it would arrive eventually etc. So when she told me on Friday morning what had happened the night before I was gobsmacked.
She was so thrilled when they got the call last Aug / Sept telling them to cancel the DD, she could see and end to everything at last.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Gina.gu

Post by Gina.gu » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:31 pm
mel, i have been ;istening to this debate from afar and whilst i can agree with both you and daveyboi. I for one can say we were not told of the complaints procedure with payplan. The majority may be happy, but nevertheless even if one person`s life is ruined / set back, by bad management is that not enough

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 pm
For a second I forgot I wasn't on facebook and went to "like" your comment. It got me thinking that a like feature would be good on here for comments to show popular answers etc. Admin is this a possibility at all?

Great suggestion Daveyboi which we will look into. Many thanks Admin
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:13 pm
Sorry admin - I did tell Daveyboi that it wasn't possible as I'm sure it has been suggested in the past. Apologies if it is possible.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 pm
Hi Kallis
No worries - we are always constantly re-assessing possibilities as things move so fast on the online scene.

We are always very glad to hear suggestions. Even if an idea sounds totally impractical please let us know. We can play around with it and perhaps come up with something exciting !
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:06 am
Cheers Admin, glad you picked up on the suggestion. :)

deepinit

Post by deepinit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:47 am
Hi I'm with payplan and I had a payment break which was added onto the end of IVA, then had to take another one which they said would only be taken if I made payment up over rest of IVA £12 a month, as for payrises I'm lucky that I get one every year in may, I have always informed Payplan of rise and always been told wait till review in dec, they even allowed my mother to take a loan out for me to buy a car and I repay her out of overtime which I would of paid over to them, I did have a problem with my payslips and overtime but I just rang case worker and it was sorted within a day, I think it could be a case of luck of the draw for case worker but I've been happy with the company up to now.

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 am
Good to see a positive post for them deepinit

I am sure they will endeavour to fix the several issues raised on here and via their complaints team diligently. It all seems to be a need for consistency because if you're being allowed leniency and sensible repayment times ensuring success of your IVA whilst another is put on the spot 3 1/2 years into their one with no leniency shown and it potentially fails putting them back to square one again it's a pretty poor show and one that really shouldn't be happening.

But great to see they have dealt with you so professionally and helpfully, well done to your case worker from pay plan. Hope Nick picks up on this positive feedback.

back on track

Post by back on track » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:27 am
i too tend to get things sorted out with a phone call and get the problem resolved to everybodys satisfaction.if there policies on payment breaks has changed then surley they should tell clients up front,as correct me if im wrong there is only a claus in most peoples proposals that the iva will only fail if you miss 3 payments and dont rectify it by the end.nothing about any time frames to pay the missed payments back and nothing to say if you miss 3 months then why cant you do 3 more months at the end.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:38 am
On the pre protocol IVA's 3 missed payments would be classed as a failed IVA unless a variation was put forward to accept it being tacked onto the end. After the protocol compliant IVA's then the supervisor can authorise up to 6 months at their discretion payment break with no need to go to the creditors. It provided more flexibility for the IP to assist the debtor see the IVA through to the end. Shame some of them are choosing not to use their new allowed flexibility.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:20 pm
The six month payment break is now built into protocol based IVAs for exceptional circumstances - such as redundancy, maternity leave or periods of sickness. It is not there to deal with the odd missed payments which may be necessary due to an exceptional item cropping up during the month - such as the need to buy a new electrical appliance or repair a car.

Since it was introduced in 2010, I have only used it on two occasions for clients of mine, but we do try to be as flexible as possiblew on other things - and in my experience creditors are very understanding if a variation of terms is necessary to be presented.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
196 posts Page 11 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”