PayPlan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
196 posts Page 9 of 14

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:12 pm
I hope they can help us out - we'll contact them over the weekend and I will insist on a longer timeline to repay. I don't think they can do anything after a one month payment break that we informed them about.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:17 pm
Thats good, keep us updated and I wish you luck. Since changing names I have no frugal friends lol. Not that I know what they're for don't think you can do anything extra with someone if they're a frugal friend on here can you?
DaveyBoi - Just Keep Smiling :)

back on track

Post by back on track » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 pm
it will only say in your proposal that you are not allowed any more than 3 missed payments or your iva will fail.am i right?.does not say anything about paying them back straight away,so there is no reason not to be able to either stick em on at the end or payback before the iva is finnished. think either your case officer or even ip understands your predicament jan. tell em you need a variation then to ask the creditors for more time and see if they want to do that.me thinks not
Last edited by back on track on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:25 pm
Hi
Payplan and especially Nick Payne need to be applauded for taking the time and effort to post on the forum.
There will always some problems especially with such a large company and it is reassuring that Nick and Payplan take customer feedback so seriously

Regards
Andam Davies

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm
I agree, Andy. As Nick will have guessed I am not in accord with a few Payplan policies, but that is merely my opinion. And credit where credit is due ( sorry to use the C word!). Yes, we currently have a few posters disgruntled with Payplan, but they also have thousands of happy clients.

I also agree with Nick that it isn't in his power to discuss specifics in open forum, unless the particular client wishes to disclose specific details themselves, which many of us are happy to do, but it has to be our doing!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:44 pm
I hope they do take it seriously and actually do something about it. Political replies is not the same as actually changing things for the better. We shall have to wait and see

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 pm
I agree, Davey. But political replies is all they are able to do on the forum, without agreement from the client. after all you wouldn't want your IP dicussing your details on here, or elswhere, without your consent.

As you say, what goes on to put things right at the sharp end is what counts. And, if it wasn't brought up on the forums they would simply go their own merry way unawares.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

back on track

Post by back on track » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm
agree foggy this forum moves things along just that bit faster to resolve issues
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:06 pm
It is down to the individual poster to contact their IP (I include myself in that, and will be doing so this week.)

Nick is not my IP but at least we do have a poster from Payplan on here.

I'm not happy with how things are going at the moment but will contact my IP directly when I need to.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm
I just felt Andy's reply was very much defensive of Payplan and I agree with the sentiments that it's good that they post on here, it generates business for them which is why they do it and as with any professional company if you get bad press it is in your companies best interests to address the issues and resolve them. Especially because if they don't and the person does take it to court and win it sets a precedent for everyone else thus treated to do the same. It's all about being professional and within the law

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:02 pm
Hi
The forum needs the likes of Payplan and all the other professional posters. They post mainly for the PR and to appear to be transparent, not for new business. The nature of the forum is that it will attract the problem IVAs, you will rarely see positive posts because people happy with their IVA will generally not post.
Remember most people on the forum enjoy annonominity, unlike the professional posters so they do deserve a pat on the back on occasions

Regards
Andam Davies

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 pm
Yes I agree when they resolve the issues most definitely deserve the pat on the back for rectifying it. In the meantime some anonymous people out there cry themselves to sleep as a result of some of these "mistakes". It's a very sensitive issue and its not about them and us it's about being fair and within reasonable guidelines and the law. Whilst also being considerate of how emotionally draining and stressful this process can be for the debtor. It really is that simple.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm
Hi

Worth remembering that it's creditors that ultimately set and agree expenditure allowance and not the IPs.
Any mistakes or bad practice should be brought to light on the forum and the companies concerned should respond. One final point that I have learned over the years from the setting up of the site until now is that we often do not get the true picture, i;e both sides of the coin and before judging we need to be aware of the full facts and quite often we are not.

Regards
Andam Davies

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm
Well said Andy...
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 pm
It's not the creditors in a new IVA protocol compliant that is allowing a payment break but demanding the extra back in two months which is completely unreasonable and it's not the creditors who has phoned someone awaiting their completion letter to ask for more money until they get the completion certificate out to them. As I have stated previously we can only reply on here from what we have been told but due to so many horror stories coming to light at once it would be good to see the companies side of things if only to put minds at rest for other people currently in IVA's with some of these mentioned companies. If they are innocent I am surprised they haven't defended themselves yet.

196 posts Page 9 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”