PayPlan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
196 posts Page 8 of 14

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:03 pm
There are more IP's than Nick there - he isn't my IP.

They are a big firm so could not manage with just one.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm
cheers jan I guessed that was the case
DaveyBoi - Just Keep Smiling :)

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 pm
Reading Pandy’s post, why would anyone pay money over the phone to an IVA company in these circumstances? Were they positive who was calling them? If they were kosher wouldn’t a cheque be acceptable? I appreciate that this site is to help people in an IVA and not the IVA companies and creditors but accepting what the poster has said at face value, whilst supportive, is not fair. At least give the IVA company chance to respond as per Nick Payne’s post today at 16:43.

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:09 pm
Asking for a debit card payment is not unusual in this day and age sensible if anything using a cheque is more out of the ordinary. All comments made in reply to a debtors situation has to be based solely on what they are telling us. We do not know if they are lying or providing a false interpretation of events so when we reply it's with the proviso that the information is factual and a true representation of events. If people are not allowed to share their horror stories on here then other people will not learn from others mistakes and a gross injustice could occur to an innocent party. I would suggest that Nicks post is simply a) he might not even be covering that persons case so unable to comment as he doesn't know the facts and b) data protection as this is a third party allegation with no authorisation from the third party to discuss their details in full on a public forum.

back on track

Post by back on track » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 pm
yep agree with daveyboi we only got there side of the allegation.nick will prob look into it whether its his client or not as he is one of the representatives on here for payplan and there customer face if you like.
i have faith that things will sorted in the end for everybody but its worrying that things seem to have changed so quick in what was a tried and trusted firm.
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Sensible77

Post by Sensible77 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:23 pm
Hi, Daveyboi. I know that payment by debit card over the phone is commonplace, I’ve done it myself, but if I was in that situation I would have insisted on sending a cheque. No one can be sure if what posters say is correct or not but I feel that waiting for a response is not unreasonable as this would get a balanced view. However, as Nick Payne said, the poster has to agree for the outcome to be known.

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:31 pm
I understand where you are coming from sensible i really do and listening to all sides of an argument before picking a side is obviously preferable. What I do think is important though is that we have lots of horror stories coming out and if we get to see the problem and an update to the solution it a) creates a precedence and b) will ease the minds of others who just see the problem and no resolution. A lot of IP's or representatives don't post on here and the ones that do could easily say we won't discuss anything on the forum due to data protection or clients confidentiality etc so the only way we get to hear of these stories are from the debtor themselves willing to discuss their personal business to a) vent b) seek impartial advice and c) warn others what could happen to them. I personally find it disturbing to hear of some people who get 6 month extensions at the drop of a hat and other people reduced to living on baked beans because their supervisor doesn't want to add it to the end of the term. It's situations like this that really goes to show what a rough ride some people can get in comparison to others during an IVA and what you should or shouldn't put up with. At the end of the day they are sat behind a desk dealing with these things daily but they have to remember at the other end of the phone is a human being with real concerns and the decision they make could really impact on that persons psychological well being if its not dealt with properly.
Last edited by Daveyboi on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

back on track

Post by back on track » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:34 pm
here here to that daveyboi
cc received 6th January 2014 now upwards and onwards

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:38 pm
For a second I forgot I wasn't on facebook and went to "like" your comment. It got me thinking that a like feature would be good on here for comments to show popular answers etc. Admin is this a possibility at all?

country girl

Post by country girl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 pm
Hi

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having Jan I would have thought they could have allowed you longer to pay back for boiler repairs than a couple of months.

I thought I would check on case officers since I started my IVA nearly 3 years ago it is 11.

Now have job uncertainty again dread to think how that might work out.

Linda

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:49 pm
Hi Linda,

Thanks for that - I will be contacting them again next week as we will probably not be able to catch up over the next couple of months.

Eleven is not good - I thought three since November was bad!!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:53 pm
Posted a question for admin Jan at 19:38 in case you missed it x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm
Not seen it Dave - been too busy eating my tea!!
Bob Marley.

country girl

Post by country girl » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:01 pm
Hi

Good luck with that Jan I sure they should be prepared to allow you longer, does not seem fair if they don't.Especially as you have come this far.

Hope everything works out for you.

Linda x

Daveyboi

Post by Daveyboi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm
If it had been me I would have argued a longer time it's not a reasonable time frame to pay back the payment break over. Ok Jan no probs when you do see it let me know ;)

I was just eating my tea also but I had it on the bed next to my laptop as I am well and truly having a veg out day today :D

196 posts Page 8 of 14
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”