Oddity on credit rating

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:17 am
Yesterday I took a proper look at my credit ratings, I do usually cast a quick eye each month, but I must have missed this one. In July, on two separate dates I had two betting sites check my credit. Certainly not me. Soft checks admittedly, but definitely something I will be having to keep an eye on. Kallis I think it was you who mentioned a friend finding credit checks on their name in an earlier post, was there anything further they needed to do? I disputed it with Transunion. I noticed there was some associated contact checks but these would probably be the ex husband as despite the joint account being closed in 2017 the companies keep that link.

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:18 am
Oh and following on from last month, now just 4 payments to go. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:28 am
I get them all the time from insurance companies and credit check agencies and I ignore them. They're not affecting the ratings. The problem I had was that a copy of my credit report was sent to someone else and I had to speak to Experian to get that sorted.

Good luck with your remaining payments.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Breezy

Post by Breezy » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:33 am
You can serve the CRA a notice of disassociation to sever links with your ex, as long as there are no longer any joint finances.
If you have used any price comparison site in the recent past they will generate spurious soft searches both when you make an enquiry, albeit inadvertently, like clicking on a "See your Offers" link and when they send renewal quote / marketing mails.
Not long now :D
I am not qualified to give advice and can only state my opinions, based on my IVA experiences.

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:41 am
I havent been on any kind of comparison site. I do get regular monthly entries from the credit score companies because they try to offer you stuff, but these two were just random dates in July and not linked in. I suppose if anyone is pretending to be me on Wiliam Hill and the other site which I don't remember off hand, they won't get any credit anyway as my credit is shot anyway 🤣

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:55 pm
I don't use comparison websites and I've never used any betting websites but as long as they are soft searches I don't bother about them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”