6 posts Page 1 of 1

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:29 pm
Hello to all of you,

After reading through all of the topics and posts I have found much to feel better about regarding my IVA.

I applied for my IVA with Freeman Jones (they are very good so far) about 2 weeks ago and am now waiting for my meeting date after having signed paperwork and sent off the bills and payslips. I have changed bank accounts to a think banking account.

My creditors and the rough amounts I owe are:

Egg £3400
Yorkshire Bank (Visa) £3600
MBNA £2500
GE Capital £1400
Citi £20,000
Payday UK £400
Natwest £200

I am most worried about the phonecalls I will be getting, I live with my mam and although she knows I'm getting an IVA I dont want her to be stressed by the calls. I'm also VERY worried about how my IVA will effect her credit. Does anyone know if me getting an IVA when living in her house will adversely effect her credit?

Thanks!

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 pm
Hiya, welcome to the forum. Not sure about your questions but someone here should be able to answer them.
It's nice to be back......

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm
Hi
If your mum finds that she is having problems with her credit rating she can write to the three credit reference agencies and ask for a notice of disassociation to be placed on her credit file.
The calls are part and parcel of having an IVA proposed,just be polite and firm and state that you are taking professional advice and are proposing an IVA,give details of your Ip and terminate the call.Don't get involved in lenghthy discussions with call centre staff as they very often do not understand an IVA and will have no influence on the outcome of your proposal.
Regards
Andam Davies

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm
Hi Clare
Just came to say hello. I am with fj and have had no problems at all and am now 15 months in. I have the bank account also and though some have had problems I have found it great. Phone calls can vary you may not get many, you may get a lot. They shouldnt bother your mum as they cant discuss anything with her, if she tells them when you will be avaliable,then they can call when you are home. Fj just told me to tell them my ref no and refer them to them. I only had one that was a pain. It is only for a short while, I found calls stopped when they got the proposal.
All the very best to you

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

clarebear

Post by clarebear » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:40 pm
Thanks for the advice and very quick replies!

I do realise I will get phonecalls and theres nothing I can do to stop them, I have told my mam in advance and she's pretty cool with it. She has said I should have got an IVA years ago, and shes right!
I haven't told her about the possibility of her credit being effected. I suppose I will have to deal with it if and when it becomes a problem.

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:57 pm
Thats it Clare, the calls are only for a short time and they are just doing a job. As Andy says dont get drwn into long conversations ther is no need and dont be pushed into paying them either even a small amount.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for february”