New to IVA - Help, Advice and encouragement needed

21 posts Page 1 of 2

Claire45

Post by Claire45 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:26 pm
I am in the process of starting an IVA I cant handle any more debt and hope this is the right thing to do. more for my peace of minf than anything else! I came across this site while looking for info about IVA's and although I would never take relief from anyones misfortunes I am encouraged to see there are a whole lot more people in the same boat as I am. Anyone got any advice on how to cope with the process, how do you keep cheerful?
Just going IVA - I hope!
Never one to be ahppy about others misfortunes, but it really helps to see that I am not the only one...I hope this is the light at the eand of a very long tunnel

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:29 pm
You have taken the first steps and recognised you need support and help through this period - this forum will help you get that and the support from your IP will also be so comforting for you.

We're almost a year into our IVA - next month, I will be able to say that it has been 12 months since we used a credit card! Never thought I would say that!

Remain positive and all be ok!

10 down 50 to go and can't wait!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

nomoredosh

Post by nomoredosh » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm
Hi Claire45, welcome to this forum. I joined just a week ago and have started the process of an IVA. Just keep logging in and post when you feel down, there is always somebody who comes along and offers words of encouragement or advice. I have my down days but finding this forum has been a godsend to me. Makes you fell you're not alone!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:33 pm
Hey Claire, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of support on this forum and that in itself can cheer you up, good luck with your IVA application and keep posting. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Beans on Toast

Post by Beans on Toast » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:48 pm
Welcome Claire, we've all been in your position and even now we still have down days, this site is a great place to get answers and advice but more important, it's the support you get that keeps you sane.

Once you get your IVA up and running you will feel a lot less stressed as you can focus on what you are doing instead of just surviving on plastic and making the debt bigger.

Remember, advice, you can always listen to it but you don't have to take it. Best of luck for your approval and stay positive.
IVA completed April 2013

aguise

Post by aguise » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:57 pm
Hi Claire and hello from me too.
Whilst setting up an iva and sorting out your options it can be quite daunting and stressfull. I found I had lots of up and down days. We are always here for a chat if something is bothering you or you feel a bit low with it all. The main thing is that you are tackling the problem, make sure you check out all solutions avaliable to you and understand everything.
Keep posting.

All the best.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm
Hi Claire ... welcome to the Forum ... we all keep one another goin through the up and down days ... so keep in touch [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:05 pm
welcome to the forum Claire.. just ask away there is always people to give you professional and personal advise re IVAs
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

jpj

Post by jpj » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 pm
Hi Claire

Welcome to the forum

The main thing is to try and stay positive and to remember that many more IVAs are accepted than rejected!

You are lucky to have the forum to rely on, something I never had during the IVA application stage.

kal

Post by kal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:27 pm
Welcome to the forum Claire - I found this site just before we had our creditors meeting, and it was a great comfort to have so many people wish me well, and 'see me through' it!
i am bnow 4 payments in and can honestly say it is the best thing to have done, so I wish you the best.
k.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from me too, about to make my 6th payment and although it's not been plain sailing, it's the right choice for me. I wish you well in whatever you decide and hope it goes smoothly for you. Keep posting as we're a real friendly bunch and combine that with the experts input we're informative too x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:33 pm
welcome claire, join the list for the dublin trip lol. you are amongst friends here

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:51 pm
Michael ... you have a virtual harem coming together
[:D] [:D] [:D]
Debbie
Debbie

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:10 pm
cant wait till i win the lotto
we gonna have so much fun in dublin

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:15 pm
Michael, only thing is, it seems to be all ladies and just little you. Tough job but someone has to do it...... :) Kazzy x
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/
21 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for june”