Mobile Phone Contract in IVA

9 posts Page 1 of 1

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:19 pm
Hieveryone,
I am in an IVA and am about to make my 3rd payment

I have had a mobile phone contract with Orange and is now available for Upgrade.
Do i have to give up this contract when it runs out and go onto Pay as You Go or can i still keep on the same contract with a free mobile upgrade.
Don't get me wrong i don't want any of the main fancy phones i only want to keep on the same terms with Orange.

Is this allowed in an IVA or do i have to opt for Pay as You Go.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:21 pm
Presumably your IP has made sufficent allowance for that expense in your IVA proposal?

If so, then as long as you are taking on no further expense then I see no problem whatsoever.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:22 pm
I upgraded my mobile phone when I was was in my IVA with no problems. I was allowed to upgrade to an all singing all dancing phone that I couldn't even use!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm
I ended up selling mine on EBay as it was beyond my capabilities although it looked good! I'm due an upgrade again next month, so I'll think about it a bit more carefully this time!

jpj

Post by jpj » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:12 pm
Phone contracts dont really run out! they just blend into the next year and phone companies usually beg you to stay. it is hard to change network providers as they will credit check you.
ive had my contract 3 years and I too have a brand new phone,been sitting on the worktop for 3 months...as I too cant work the dam thing!! :o)

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:24 pm
I'll be sticking to a Sony Ericsson this year - Dave's got one and can show me how to use it!

maxdebt

Post by maxdebt » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:31 pm
Yep I renewed my Orange contract just before xmas and got an all singing all dancing phone about as thin as a credit card (sorry I mean debit card [:I] ) I gave it to my eldest as his main xmas present and I kept my old easy to work brick [:)] one less crimble prezzy to buy [:D]
My thanks to Melanie and her team :)

andrewgoodman121

Post by andrewgoodman121 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:10 am
i am due an upgrade and there are some nice mobiles on the market but i always tend to opt for the free upgrades and try to stick to the same tariff and plan and keep everything minimal.
I have also cut my Sky Package right down as i don't watch the movies at all and have seen most of them on DVD and the sport is all wrestling and live football which is on far too much. Next month i will be shopping around for Cheaper car insurance using the excellent go compare.com.
and i shall watch the Football on Match of the Day and Champions League on ITV as they are Live games that matter not Fulham v Bolton on Sky.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:46 am
this is the only thing that will bother hubby, if he loses football on sky!! its all he watches
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for march”