Just posting to let off steam. Please Freeman Jones we did our part, now do yours !

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
18 posts Page 1 of 2

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:35 am
Just posting to let off steam. Had our weekly courtesy call from Freeman Jones to say that there is still no movement on our cc. Now I know that its nice being kept informed but I would rather be getting on with life as it is always hanging over us. Our son put off going to university for two years until we finished the iva so that there would be no problems with finance etc. Now it seems we have to be guarantors for his accomodation and I'm worried that we will be refused as we are still on the insolvency register. Please Freeman Jones set us free. We did our part, now do yours!
Life after IVA is wonderful.

slushysnow

Post by slushysnow » Wed May 29, 2013 12:38 am
You finished so you go to the back of the queue now as you are of no further use.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Wed May 29, 2013 10:54 am
Dear Wiggle1

As you know, we are keen to get your completion certificate issued to you as soon as possible and do understand that it’s important for you to be able to move on from your IVA.

We are currently waiting for two creditors to respond and we should then start to see some progress. I am in close contact with the team and we are doing all we can. We will continue to update you on progress once a week.

If you do have any problems as a result of being on the Insolvency Register and we can help by providing information please do let us know and we’ll do our very best.

By no means are you “at the back of the queue” and please be assured we are working hard to get this matter concluded for you.

If we can help any further or you have any questions we can help with please drop me or Steve an email.
Sarah Jolly IMA CMAP - A member of the IVA team at Freeman Jones

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm
Thank you for your reply Sarah, I have said several times on this forum that the we have always had polite and helpful responses from staff at Freeman Jones. The problem now is, being told in January that our cc would be with us in 4 weeks, (and again in February and again in March, admittedly in April we were told 4 to 6 weeks) we made plans accordingly and here we are left high and dry. We would appreciate a letter or something to show that we have finished, as our son is going to miss out on accommodation if we have to contact you and then wait for a reply as the accommodation goes very quickly. I know that our debt problems were our fault but we have paid our dues and now want to move on.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 pm
I assume that it is responses about whether PPI was included in those debts that is holding this matter up. Creditors are getting slower and slower to reply, and I think all IP firms are suffering from this generally. It is often difficult for an IP to give a definitive confirmation of when a case can be concluded, with matters like this outstanding - and as can be seen in your case, your expectations have not been met, but your IP probably felt they were fair at the time you first asked. Hopefully this can be resolved very soon for you.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:18 pm
Thanks Mel, I know I shouldn't whinge we are in a much better place than we were 6 years ago and I'm glad we did the iva. It just gets to me every now and then especially when it affects our youngest who has been so understanding and supportive through it all.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 pm
Perfectly reasonable, and I can see how frustrating this is for you. The PPI issue, and the way some banks are handling the claims made against them, is very frustrating for all of us - but do keep at your IP as it is in every party's interest to get matters concluded as soon as possible.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm
Hi wiggle1

It's no problem getting you something in writing to help you with your son's accomodation.

We will get something drafted up for you and give you a call to make sure it satisfies your requirements.

Once again I am sorry for the delay you are experiencing and we hope to be able to get your completion certificate out as soon as possible.

We will of course continue to keep you updated and please let us know if we can help any further.

I hope this helps.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:56 pm
Thanks Sarah.

Rachael.rp

Post by Rachael.rp » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm
Hi Wiggle I am still waiting for my CC from FJ. I rang a week ago and got told they are now waiting to hear back from one of my creditors. All the PPI issues have been cleared and closed. Why does it take so long?

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:19 pm
Apparently they're waiting to hear from one of our creditors too. Maybe it's the same one!!

Diane.65

Post by Diane.65 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:52 pm
hi wiggle, it took FJ 9 weeks from f&f was excepted until i received my completion certificate and three weeks later my name has come off the insolvency register, i to had a slight hold up with HMRC and FJ kept me informed through out the whole process i have all ways found them to be very professional even when i had any problems with my iva, hang in there and hopefully it wont be much longer before that all important envelope comes through your letterbox.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:57 pm
Thanks Diane, I have said several times on this forum that the staff at FJ have always been polite and helpful. In fact after posting last week, I had a phonecall on Friday to say that they will provide a letter stating that the iva is finished so that we can stand guarantor for our son's university accommodation whilst waiting for our cc.

Rachael.rp

Post by Rachael.rp » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:06 pm
Hi Wiggle1 rang again to be told that one of my creditors has been overpaid and they are waiting for them to return the money so it can be shared out. I feel like I am just hitting a brick wall again. I have also had a great relationship and no problems with FJ until this final three months where lack of communication has been a let down.

Sarah Jolly

Post by Sarah Jolly » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:23 pm
Hi Rachael.rp

I am sorry you feel we have let you down and do understand the significance of receiving your Completion Certificate.

I have offered to look into things for you on a previous post but have not received anything from anyone matching your profile name.

http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TO ... rachael.rp

If you would like me to try and chase things along please drop me an email (Sarah.Jolly@freemanjones.co.uk) and I will do my very best.

I hope this helps
18 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”