IVA meeting and sure they will say no - 7p!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

CEC

Post by CEC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:12 am
Mel and her team have been fab preparing my IVA meeting for next Wednesday.

I am panicking big time due to the low dividend of 7p and high debts of over £200,000 (mainly 4 buy to let properties being handed back with negative equity, due to rental problems).

I cannot imagine the mortgage lenders will accept such a low dividend and am worried about what to do if they say no. Has anyone been in a similar situation, or advise on what to do if the IVA is turned down?

Thanks for any advise.

josu

Post by josu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:15 am
I cant imagine Mel putting something forward that would fail, she knows what shes doing. Have faith i bet it will be fine!

12 months to go

Post by 12 months to go » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:25 am
HI CEC

First of all I would say all of us worried about our IVA proposals as its all alien territory for the majority of us.

However an IP will not potentially waste their time putting forward a proposal that is doomed from the start, so try not and worry on this score; a tip might be to try and balance the failure thoughts with those of acceptance thoughts and this will lighten your mood,, well thats what i did anyway

Furthermore, as someone who has used the forum on a regular basis for several years I think I can safely say and many forum members will support me in this, that Melanie Giles is one of if not the best IP out there. Mel & her team work tirelessly for both their clients and members who post on the forum but are not mels clients. Whilst ive come out of the IVA journey the other side with a certificate and used a different IVA co than Mels , I have no hesitation in assuring you that your are in good, if not the best hands. Not that i intend getting into a financial mess again, but if I did Mels company would be the only one I would approach to rescue me from my debt problem, although as with many other forum members ive learned my lesson re credit !!

Dont focus on the debt value & proposed dividend, as its likley 7p in the pound is more than bankruptcy would produce your creditors, which is why I suspect Mel has made the proposal.

In the event of the proposal not being accepted ( unlikley ) Mels team will not abandon you they will assist with an alternative way forward.

Chin up , keep smiling , youve started the road to recovery and being debt free, as if like me, the hardest decision was facing the facts that had been staring me in the face for a good 2-3 yers before I was brave enough to recognise and seek help
Last edited by 12 months to go on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last payment made April 2012
Certificate received 1st Nov 2012

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:33 am
Hi, welcome to the forum and all the best for next Wednesday. If anyone can do this our Melanie can she is one of the best in the business. Have faith and keep us updated. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

CEC

Post by CEC » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:36 am
Thank you all, it feels easier knowing there is a supportive group out there who know exactly what we all go through at this time. I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard and focussing at work is near impossible at the moment!

I cannot recomment Mel and her company highly enough whatever the outcome, as the whole process has been professional and supportive, from Tina, through to Amie, Marc and of course Mel! Fingers crossed!

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:05 pm
The thing to focus on here is not the dividend itself, low as it may seem to you, but the alternative return for the creditors should you decide to go bankrupt. That is almost certain to be a hell of a lot less than the 7p, maybe nothing at all, which makes it an attractive deal for them.

I am sure you will be fine.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:11 pm
Melanie posted on here a few months back about a case she had accepted at a LOT less than the 7p dividend you are proposing! The proposal would not be put forward unless Mel was confident it would be accepted, keep the faith! [:D]
Non sibi sed omnibus

Claire.37

Post by Claire.37 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm
Good luck with the Iva meeting for next Wednesday. I'm sure the dividend of 7p will be greatly received as otherwise the alternative is bankrupcy where they will get nothing at all...

See it from their point of view something is better than nothing, might seem low to us but, to them it is some payback and also depending on how much you are going to be paying back a month, if you earn more then they will get extra because of the 10/50/50 split rule.

Your ip wouldn't put it forward if they didn't think it would be accepted. Believe in them and work with them, makes the time go alot easier/quicker.

Look forward to seeing you've approved IVA post :) xx
Full & Final Accepted 22nd May 2012 :)

Robbieboy

Post by Robbieboy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 pm
Good luck x
I know I am a good person, I just need to start believing it

See my blog - Life was a misery until now

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:52 pm
Hi

My money would be on an acceptance of your IVA proposal, in bankruptcy they will probably receive nothing.

Good luck

Regards
Andam Davies

seagulls

Post by seagulls » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:59 pm
Good Luck with it ! I am sure that you are in good hands and have been advised well .

chegs

Post by chegs » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:15 pm
good luck and everything crossed for you x

Little miss trouble

Post by Little miss trouble » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:08 pm
Good luck x
5 years done and dusted. Certificate received.

LeFran

Post by LeFran » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 pm
Good luck, I am panicking at our 13p proposal although going through the site, the people and posts are very reassuring. Whatever the dividend, it is better than bankruptcy, they will get something back and if you have no money to pay for bankruptcy, then they are unlikely to pay it for you so an IVA is a better option allround. Plus, over a 5-6 year span of an IVA, you may have a windfall/inheritence or help from somewhere which would boost payback to the creditors so may be another reason why an IVA is more attractive to them.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 am
Good luck fro you both with your meetings. I'm sure your IP wouldnt be putting these forward if they were'nt confident in them being accepted. keep us posted .
Steven & Debbie
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”