IVA Meeting 16.01.08

14 posts Page 1 of 1

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:36 pm
I've been told by email today that my creditors meeting is scheduled for 16.01.08. AAAAhhhhh I'm on holiday in France that week. And very much doubt that i'll be contactable by mobile

is there any chance they can change the date?
24/60

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:38 pm
I'm sure if you speak to your IP, they can sort something out

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:40 pm
You will need to speak to your IP about this.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:41 pm
This is what he told me.

If you are not contactable, then we would have to adjourn the meeting, which if it has already been approved, may give creditors further time to vote for a rejection.

I'm now really concerned
Last edited by ValiantGal on Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24/60

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:51 pm
You can use a public telephone from France surely! I would not be too sympathetic if I were your IP to be told that you are not available due to holiday, but they should have discussed the timing of the meeting with you in the first instance.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:51 pm
Valiant Gal - can you not just phone your I.P. ? IVA Company from a French landline or payphone soon after your meeting? Just make sure you have a big stack of Euro coins if its a payphone.

I called in on the day rather than waiting for my IVA company to contact me. I was away from home - only in Blackpool - but same principle!!!
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:57 pm
Do they know the time they are held?

Not so easy as I'll be up the top of a mountain.

The other problem is my other half doesn't know!
24/60

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:59 pm
They didn't bother to tell me when it was, I emailed them today to inform them that I was on holiday. Which btw has been paid for by my partner.

The problem I have is that my partner isn't aware of my circumstances.

I'll have to make excuses on the day with him, but it'll be difficult as we're skiing.
24/60

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:03 pm
Hi -

Yes - there will definitely be a time scheduled for your meeting. It is REALLY important to contact your company on the day as you will need to consider any modifications that are put forward. Dont forget this day will affect the next 5 years of your life. I have never been mountain skiing but am sure there will be a ski lodge or restaurant or something you can phone from.

Good Luck!!!

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:05 pm
Cheers Optimist12
I've got my mobile, but it'll be the finding an excuse for my partner which could be tricky!!
24/60

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:11 pm
Sorry if I am stating the obvious - but dont forget it will cost a small fortune by mobile as these Creditor Meeting calls can last for some time if there are many mods. (I speak from experience!!!) Last time I called home from France (not IVA related!!) my £10 Pay As You Go Money disappeared in minutes!!!!

I think you may be the first person ever to receive their IVA decision on a mountain top!! Hope the news is good.
Last edited by OPTIMIST12 on Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValiantGal

Post by ValiantGal » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:17 pm
Oooh thank goodness I've spoke to the lady who'll be doing the meeting, and she was fine. She will be contacting me the week before to let me know the votes in. She'll also adjorn the meeting and when I return 3 days later, she'll call me to go over anything that may have been raised.

I'll be able to sleep now!
24/60

emma_t

Post by emma_t » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:22 pm
hi ValiantGal

I think its wise to speak with your IP to discuss any modifications somewhere where you are fully able to concentrate and digest what is being said as it is a commitment you will need to stick to for the next 60 months. It would be much better if they can speak with you after your hols, I think you get 14 days to agree to any mods so you should b able to do in more relaxed conditions when you return home rather than sneaking aay from your other half for a rushed phone call.
Have a good hols and good luck - cannot I not sneak in your suitcase as have not had a hol for ages [:)]
Emma x
Be positive & look after yourself, there are more important things in life than debts....

Best Wishes

Emma x

Martin2011

Post by Martin2011 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:27 pm
Good luck ValiantGal, with the IVA and the velvet slopes...

Just of interest, an IVA can be a tricky and at times stressful process and I for one would have found it impossible to cope without having support. You might want to think about discussing your situation with your partner, it seems from folks experience here that after inital reactions, people that really care about you are totally supportive. Either way, stay in touch with the forum and let us know how you get on. There's some great people posting here and fantastic expert advice that we'll all need from time to time.

Best wishes

Martin
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new postings for December”