I still get letters from a couple of the creditors

4 posts Page 1 of 1

fionaj

Post by fionaj » Wed May 16, 2007 12:08 pm
Hello. I started an IVA in february, but I still get letters from a couple of the creditors saying I must pay in full or they will take legal action. Is this normal? I have tried e-mailing my IP to ask, but he hasn't replied.
Thanks

ivoriva

Post by ivoriva » Wed May 16, 2007 12:19 pm
Probably isnt uncommon. Forward copies of the letters to your IVA supervisor and let them deal with it.

For peace of mind, you could check your proposal to ensure the creditors are listed in there. If they are, they cant do a thing. If you really want, you can send a letter back to them giving details of your IVA supervisor and tell them to stop the letters to you as your IVA Supervisor is responable for the management of the IVA. And if that doesnt work, right back and threaten them with the harrasment law - as they have absolutely no rights to pursue you whilst your IVA is in place - or after if it is successfully completed.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Wed May 16, 2007 12:28 pm
Ivoriva is right this is not uncommon as it usually takes a number of months for all your creditors to update their systems with the information that you are in an IVA. If all your creditors have been included in your IVA simply forward the corresondence to your IP as you are legally protected from these creditors by your IVA.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

coco

Post by coco » Wed May 16, 2007 12:48 pm
Hi after going BR i still get letters even from my ex creditors asking if i would like loans; credit cards etc. I just think of all the trees they could be saving if they updated their database :-)

(I apologise for my keyboards poor spelling and grammar)
http://coco.blogs.iva.co.uk
We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for may”