I finally did it, I admitted I needed help

19 posts Page 1 of 2

Scampie

Post by Scampie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:50 pm
Hi everyone, just came across this forum and decided to join as you all seem really nice :o)

I have just received my application pack from Baines & Ernst and so far so good, they say I tick all the right boxes. I am really scared / nervous even more so now that I have admitted my debt which is approximately £21,000. My mum and Fiance both know which is a relief but I just hope I get approved.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:59 pm
Hey Scampie, just wanted to welcome you to the forum. You'll get lots of support and good advice here. Make sure you're 100% happy with your proposal as with quite a low amount of debt, there is always the option of a debt management plan. Good luck, Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:01 pm
Hi Scampie + welcome to the forum.

I know its scary to see the figures written down but a big well done you for taking the first step!

You're definitely amongst friends here - the amount of us posting on here just goes to show how many ppl have debt problems. Hopefully that will be HAD debt problems in the near future.

Keep posting and good luck [;)]

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:02 pm
Welcome along, nice to have you on board.

Admitting the problem can indeed very often be the hardest part but if you remind yourself that carrying on as you were would have been far more dangerous then you are on the right lines.

Hope everything works out for you.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:07 pm
Welcome to the forum Scamie.

You've taken the first very big step, and that one is always the hardest.

Good luck with your proposal.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtfreesusie67

Post by debtfreesusie67 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 pm
Hi Scampie welcome to the forum. This is a great place to talk through problems and get advice
Hugs
Sue
The only way is up

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 pm
Hi

Well done for facing it all, I know its scary and you will have bad days and nervous days but youre on the right road. Actually, I know it doesnt feel like it but 21K isnt that high.

Good luck, you in the right place.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

butterflies

Post by butterflies » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:57 pm
Hi and welcome, as your post says you finally did it and admitted you needed help CONGRATULATIONS that is the first step over with, but keep posting and ask any questions that pop into head, someone will try to help.

Blue[:)][:)]

Scampie

Post by Scampie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:00 pm
Thank you all for your kind words, I do actually feel a bit more relaxed from them. The funny thing is, I dont know about the rest of you, but to say what I have actually gained from this debt is really not an awful lot apart from some clothes and shoes, I have nothing that is worth having myself in debt for :o)

I think coming on to something like this makes you realise that you are not alone and that there are plenty of others in the same position which does make you feel a bit better

trina

Post by trina » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:34 pm
Hi Scampie

Like you I have admitted that I need help (an my husband) Our debts spiralled out of control. I have only just started the process and have only just made the phone call today though I do feel slightly relieved that I have done something right.

I just hope now that in 6-8 weeks, and an IVA is in place that I can get back to some kind of normal life!!

Good luck

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:45 pm
I am sure things will work out ok, and we are all here for you when you are down.

The feeling of relief you get when your IVA is approved is wonderful. It's (almost) as good as winning the lottery!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

rayb

Post by rayb » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:01 pm
Do not go with Baines & Ernst as they use Blair Endersby and they are as much use as a chocolate teapot. Great at the beginning but further down the line - useless and rude and trying to get obscene amounts out of you. Do yourself a favour and shop around - try IVA.com for reviews and also maybe get in touch with Melanie Giles who posts on this forum - very helpful

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:47 pm
yes i will second that rayb just because you have sent the application doesnt mean you are tied i know you want the ball rolling as fast as possible but choosing a good ip firm is paramount i also agree with rayb about melanie but the decision in the end is yours

good luck keep posting
[:)]

angela18

Post by angela18 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:04 pm
we are with melanie and she is great.. gave her a go
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:25 pm
Hi Scampie,
Welcome from me as well. You've done one hard bit by admitting the problem so well done.
B & E are not that bad, I'm with them as are others on the site so don't let previous posts worry you. In hind sight I would have shopped around, but I was desperate. Take you time over this decision and seek other professional help - this site, Melanie and the experts, CAB, CCCS. There is a wealth of knowledge around and you have the opportunity to use it.
Youare not tied until you sign documents so look around you and take advice.
Good luck on your quest and the right solution will come to you,
Take care,
Chardonnay
Chardonnay
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for june”