how does this sound?

38 posts Page 3 of 3

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:50 am
Here ... here Lily.

Bluey ... I really hope that you manage to find a solution ... I think it is really unfortunate when an IVA, which of course is designed to help you address your finances becomes a burden in itself.

Do keep in touch with the Forum and let us know how you get on.

Debbie
Debbie

chardonnay

Post by chardonnay » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:16 am
Hi Bluey,
I'm so sorry to hear of Spot's passing. You're having an awful time and I hope things turn round for you soon,
Keep your chin up and good luck in finding a solution to the problems you're having with the IP.
Hugs,
Cx
Chardonnay

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:51 pm
Hi Debbie
Sorry i misunderstood the intent of your post,its just that i have come across people who are very judgemental and it has conditioned me into being defensive from the off,i should have guessed that as we are all in a similar situation this was not your inference .
my apologies,its been a hard week.

Andy
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:18 pm
No problem Andy ... I know exactly what you mean. There must be something in the air, it's been one of those weeks for me also!!!

How are things going anyway? Any progress?

Debbie
Debbie

bluey875

Post by bluey875 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:58 pm
no progress as such,i've been doing a bit of research on going BR ,chatting to a few knowledgeable friends and working out my actions and timing so as not to jeopardise anyhting on either side.i appear to have rented accomodation lined up ,so all being well i will go BR in a week or two depending on a few outside factors.oh and i've calmed down,work is strangley threaputic,and my boss is being really helpful,i've even got a few days booked off to move even though i cant confirm the date yet!!! what a man
i'm not skint,i'm financially challenged

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:18 pm
Hi Andy ... Paul Johns (Reviva) has a term "putting your ducks in row" ... you seem to be doing this, keep up the great work and glad you are feeling a bit more positive today, sometimes it's the making the decision that helps isn't it.

Perhaps the energies have changed a little ... I have had a better day today also ... and a telephone call from a colleague asking my opinion made me realise who much my professional judgement is valued by the people with whom I work amongst [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

FREEDOM31

Post by FREEDOM31 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:51 pm
Hi im having a job coping with life in an iva ive been in it for 20 months and im really feeling ill with stress me and my husband are working our socks off to pay iva 180 a month our mortgage is due to go up by 120 in sept and im wondering if bankrupcy is the option. I have no assets my house is in negative equity. How do I go about going bankrupt can i declare myself bankrupy while in an iva?

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:29 pm
If your payments are £180 and your mortgage is going up by £120, you will clearly not be able to afford the arrangement into the future. Sadly, this goes to prove my point that the lower the contributions, the less sensitive you can be to increases in expenditure - and it is for this reason that a lot of IPs insist on a minimum contribution criteria. Have you considered switching your mortgage to interest only if you are currently on repayment?

If you have no assets which would be at risk under bankruptcy proceedings, then this would seem to be your best option.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
38 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “postings for june”