Holidays - where are we all going on a budget ?

74 posts Page 2 of 5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:44 pm
Our last holiday abroad was in December 05 when we went to New York for a week (never been so cold in my entire life!). Last year we managed a few days away in Cornwall with my parents, but that was pre iva and funded by credit cards.

We've no chance of going anywhere at the moment, so we have promised ourselves an exotic break when we have finished.

I wish we could go somewhere as hubbie is retired and so at home all day. I can at least take a break from work even if I do spend it in the house, he doesn't get a change of scenery at all.

I shall be dropping hints to my daughter about holidays when she finishes uni and starts work properly!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 pm
We're off to the lakes in a haven caravan 4 nights in Aug.I saved Tesco vouchers towards this.We're also going to scotland in october 1/2 term on sun holiday offers .This will be 3 nights.Just spent a weekend away c/o a friend in Wales and might go for a full week in school hols.Not doing so bad really considering the budget.We can't eat out, but that's ok!We'll take the new dog and she'll enjoy that (it's like having a todler on board- a very naughty one!)It's surprising how resouceful you can be when you put your mind to it!I will miss my two weeks in the sun though!Perhaps next year with a cheapy outside school hols maybe a last minute .com? Cat

louiseh

Post by louiseh » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:33 pm
On the last ryanair deal I managed to get two flights to scotland for 4 pence from my local airport and a travelodge for £29 per night in the city centre. So 1 months overtime as paid for a five day break. I had a sun deal for 4 nights in Cornwall (£60) in june took all food and cooked so that worked out a really good deal also, pity about the stupid price petrol to get there though.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:42 am
Hey davram - porthcawl is literally on my doorstep -if you go again make sure you go to Pink Bay. Its really lovely and has loads of huge flat PINK rocks.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:29 pm
we off camping for 3 nights at Jedburgh on Scottish Borders on bank holiday.. just need to save up!!

also off to Bradford for night (ha ha)
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:00 am
We got a caravan but i seriously HATE caravaning.....sooooooo.....im sending hubby away in it with the little one.
Believe me a quiet weekend at home will be a holiday for me.

Hmmmmm might send the parrot too LOL
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

angela18

Post by angela18 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:40 am
ooh I love caravans.. we used to have a tourer in Knaresborough.. mam got static in weardale its lovely
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:26 am
Caravans are great [:D]
It's the south of france this year but next it's back to a caravan! All thanks to parents of course!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

michael.t47

Post by michael.t47 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:34 am
nowhere for me unless we get to dublin lol

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am
I dont know what it is, i just dont like caravans. I suppose its because theres not a lot of space and i feel too closed in.
Hubby loves it though and so does the little boy. The other kids are older and will probably choose to stay with me (they think i will break if im home alone)

I know theres lots of great places you can take a caravan but its just not for me.

I'm quite happy to stay home with my laptop and TV.
Growing old before my time i am LOL
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am
We used to go to a static van on a site near St Tropez, used to go down on the coach (long journey but worth it) and have a really cheap holiday.

Haven't done that for a long time, don't suppose it's a cheap option anymore.

It's nowhere for me as well this year!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:32 pm
My Dad is lending hubby and I his teeny tiny tent and we're off to Shell Island when restaurant stuff sorted. Neither of us have been camping since we were kids so it should be great fun! He's lending us his stove and pots and pans too.....not sure what I'm supposed to do with them![:I] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 pm
I remember doing that trip Kallis, I stayed at the sister site in frejus! The nicest part of the journey was the coach driver going out of his way for an unscheduled stop in Paris. We sailed down the seine at midnight! It was fantastic!!
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:41 pm
I am camping with about 20 kids for a week hard work but good fun other than the initial cost of £125 for the week which includes travel and food outings etc. I spend very little money last year I spent less than £10 for the week.
So hard work, cheap, but not at work and away from home. Just hoping for fine weather
Jan [:o)]
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:44 pm
Viki Where is Shell Island?????

We are going on a sun break to Preshaven sands - cheap and cheerful. My sister s comig along with her 4 unruley children as well. So it will be me, her ad 7 kids including the oh's of course.................[:p]
74 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “money saving tips”