Hi there, I finished my 5-year IVA in February 2011 with GT. Still haven't received closure cert.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

Tony.nd

Post by Tony.nd » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:31 pm
Hi there, I finished my 5-year IVA in February 2011, yet still I haven't had my Closure Certificate. Is there anything I can do about this? My IVA was with Grant Thornton.
Regards,
Tony Underwood.

viperboyz

Post by viperboyz » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:48 pm
ring them complain dont take no for an answer, GT have really dropped the ball when it comes to closures.
iva.closures@uk.gt.com
ivacustomerservices@uk.gt.com

08448552166-Customer services.

They may take a long time to answer e-mails (upto 10 days if at all)but it does leave a paper trail for querys as the telephone people ive dealt with seemed vague and confused and told me some whoppers.
Last edited by viperboyz on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to end of IVA 0 days
Time to end of GT dealing with it...CC recieved after a battle royal !!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:48 pm
Hi Tony. All you can do at present is pester your IP -- we have GT finishers waiting over two years already ( I think you might be one of the top 5 in length of wait terms )and little sign of the log jam dissipating.

Have you been approached regarding PPI yet ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

ljg

Post by ljg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:36 am
Hi Tony,like you I am 28mnth in from completing IVA with GT.Only advice I can give is to get in touch with Karol at GT customer service dept,have been dealing with her for last couple of months and things finally seem to be moving toward Comp Cert being issued.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Oh my goodness - these are incredibly long times to be waiting for your IVAs to be concluded. Are you enquiring as to what is takeing them so long? I definitely think that both cases need some form of priority now.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 pm
I would be knocking at the door of my local MP and making a complaint to him, after such a time I would also ask my local paper if they wanted a scoop on how people who have made every effort to clear their debts are being treated like something off the bottom of your shoe. It is outrageous that this fiasco is continuing even after guidance has been given. I can only guess that GT just do not answer your emails or fob you off with some other lame excuse when you phone them.
There has got to be a government minister who NEEDS to know about these problems as the governing bodies appear to not be bothered either!
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

herbekj

Post by herbekj » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 pm
My only comment is see my signature and I only post this as a help to others following in the footsteps of succesful IVAers is to avoid these useless, incompetant companies who are nothing but leeches sucking the lifeblood out of people in vulnerable situations for there own personal gain and have utter disrespect for their customers.
Last edited by herbekj on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment - November 2011 - Completion Certificate received 2 weeks after last payment, Removed from Insolvency Register within 4 weeks after last payment.

jeffw

Post by jeffw » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:32 pm
I agree with you 100% herbekj, GT are in this purely for the amount of money they can suck out of vulnerable people, they have no shame in doing it either.

slushysnow

Post by slushysnow » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:29 pm
I say I say I say it again ( Foghorn Leghorn )
When you finish you are of no further use simple as that
Last edited by slushysnow on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:34 pm
IPs don't hold onto the money slushysnow, the distribute it as quickly as possible, and all interest earned has to be paid to creditors as well. If you need to make general derogatory comments, and I do understand the frustration that everyone who is waiting for cases to be closed has, please try and make accurate comments.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm
I know there is a lot of frustration post being made, but how can it take 24 months to close an IVA and issue a CC when as you say IP's distribute funds as quickly as possible. How can you Mel and McC D be seen on this forum as issuing CC's within a few months and even on occasions weeks after final payment even during this time scale that GT, DFD and others continue to not even communicate truthful statements! It really has got to a point that the boil is about to burst. I have sent a request to my MP for a time slot in his next surgery, I am fed up of trying to be positive about having entered an IVA when all I read is people who have stood their life on it's head for 5 or 6 years. Hopefully he knows who the government minister is who SHOULD be asking strong questions to the governing bodies and ultimately the responsible IP's.
Last edited by MerlinL14 on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:05 pm
I am afraid that I can only speak for my own practice and not other firms - but in reality the firms you mention must be doing something right as they are still doing 10 times the number of new IVAs on a monthly basis than my firm, and probably about 5 times as many as McCambridge Duffy - so a lot of people, who have the choice of who to go with, must still feel they are getting a good service.

Tell your MP to refer your comments to Jo Swinson, the Minster for Consumer Affairs.

esgt1967

Post by esgt1967 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm
As one of the earlier posters said, the service you get initially and during your IVA can be very different from that received at the end of the IVA. People in an IVA with GT might be perfectly happy with the service they are getting but that doesn't seem to be the case with a lot of people once they have completed and are waiting for their CC. I am not expert on IVA's but I fail to understand how GT can possibly justify taking 2 years to issue a CC when other IP's can do it so much quicker.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm
I don't know about DFD but GT do get fed a number of leads from Cab and StepChange, and, of course, quite a chunk of their book is purchased from the firms that people chose in the first place.

But, I qualify this by saying, as I have before, the problems seem to lie with one cause and one department.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by MelanieGiles

I am afraid that I can only speak for my own practice and not other firms - but in reality the firms you mention must be doing something right as they are still doing 10 times the number of new IVAs on a monthly basis than my firm, and probably about 5 times as many as McCambridge Duffy - so a lot of people, who have the choice of who to go with, must still feel they are getting a good service.

Tell your MP to refer your comments to Jo Swinson, the Minster for Consumer Affairs.
That's because the 'sales pitch' doesn't include the "what happens after the last payment fiasco", or a link to this site so people can have an informed and educated look at how they will be treated/ignored before they get their CC. Sometimes the "reality" is clouded by bull ****.
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”