Hi,OK I spoke to the CCCS today

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 1 of 2

stressedlady

Post by stressedlady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:59 am
Hi,

OK I spoke to the CCCS today and they were helpful and an IVA is my best option. What I'm worried about now is which IVA provider to go for and how long all this will take, I can't face the thought of creditors hounding me for months I just want to get it sorted, any advice??

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:33 am
Hi stressedlady.

You really do need to speak to one or two more companies. Either use one of the experts on here who come highly recommended. You can find their details under the expert link on the left hand side of the page, or visit www.iva.com for a list of companies.

Phone some today and you should be able to get the ball rolling. How long it takes will depend on how easy or complicated your situation is but this will be discussed with your prospective IP. It's usually between 6 and 8 weeks from start to finish.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:55 am
Did the CCCS tell you that they also have a section which process IVAs? That might be worth looking into, alternatively if you search on www.iva.com most IP firms are listed there and you can read feedback from actual clients as to their own experiences.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 am
Does seem strange that the CCCS did not refer you to their IVA team but by all means check around. The timescale is not normally too long and you certainly should not be hounded for months. Good luck with the proposal.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

stressedlady

Post by stressedlady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:30 pm
Yes, the CCCS did say that they would now pass my details onto their IVA team but I've heard nothing since. I've also read on some blogs that the CCCS take months to sort things out (someone had taken 6 months to sort our their IVA with CCCS) so I'm not sure whether to sit and wait for them to contact me or try and find another IVA.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm
There is no harm in taking another opinion and compare the advice. Go with whoever makes you feel most comfortable.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm
Some people do take longer to have an IVA sorted, it all depends on how complicated it is. Should not make any difference which company you choose, but do make sure you are happy with them.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

FormerlyST1100

Post by FormerlyST1100 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:05 pm
Hi stressedlady, I am just starting to apply for an IVA via CCCS myself, found, so far, they have been very good.
On contacting them and discussing the situation they arranged a further call for the following week to go through the details with another member of their staff.
Within a couple of days I received letters, details and prepaid envelopes to send them copies of documents.
Within another couple of days I received a further prepaid envelope requesting further copies, including detials of pension scheme.
My three creditors have backed off for a while, following a letter of complaint to Barclaycard for bombarding me with foreign telephone calls from their call centre.
Don't know what they are like further down the line, as never been in this position before but I hope they are like Melanie seems to be with lots of help.

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Hi stresseslady, whilst you are waiting for your call back from cccs it really won't hurt to give a couple of IP firms a ring.

Lord Soth

Post by Lord Soth » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:47 pm
I'm with CCCS, they've been brilliant, sorting out my initial application very quickly and my recent review went very smoothly too.

Alternatively, Melanie Giles strikes me as an empathetic, professional and very helpful IP.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:12 pm
Please make sure that you are happy with the company you choose. Five years is a long time.
Bob Marley.

stressedlady

Post by stressedlady » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:13 pm
OK, I've spoken to another company this evening, Clear Debt and they were very helpful and put me at ease. Does anyone have any experience of these? Also, I'm stressing now about how to explain my debts and how I got myself into this situation .... I don't really know what to say, if I was any good with money I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place ... any advice most welcome thanks

steppingstones

Post by steppingstones » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:47 pm
When I did my statement, I just had a really long think about it and just put down from start to finish how I ended up in debt to each of my creditors.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:20 am
stressedlady, as steppingstones says just put down what got you into debt, it doesn't have to be an epic a few paragraphs was all mine was but it said it how it was.

Did you take a look at the reviews of companies on www.iva.com it really is a good resource.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am
I obviously cannot answer your question stressedlady as to whether we are any good or not, but I do think I have identified who you are and whilst I have not spoken to you myself I am sure that you will have been pointed in the right direction based on the information we have.

As to explanations, it doesn't have to be an essay, just a brief history will do. Tell it as it is, tell the truth and you will be fine.

You can always give me a buzz as well if you feel in need of a chat, I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Regards.
Last edited by size5 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5
20 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”