HELP PLEASE!!!!!

149 posts Page 1 of 10

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 am
hi there i am kind of going through an iva at the moment with a company called debt release direct.

I havent long moved into my new house and i have only managed to make 1 payment the credit control lady who dealt with me was horrible and made me cry over the phone today as i told her i can pay on the 26th aug her response was the senior manager has said if i cant pay by tomrrow then thats it she was rude and horrible and she has made me feel so stressed i have decided to go with a different company my friend has mentioned greg pennington but i was just wondering which is the best iva company out there

i feel like i cant cope as the iva comapny i used didnt even put all my creditors on there so i was still receiving calls and letters HELP PLEASE!!!!!

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am
First of all welcome along to the forum.

I haven't heard anyone say before that they are kind of in an IVA, are you sure that you are not on a DMP instead? You need to check that first as no IP would leave creditors out of an IVA proposal if they should be in it.

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

orchid5

Post by orchid5 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 am
Dee sorry to hear that you are still having a stressful time, i would wait for Melanie to answer or one of the other experts to see what you can do, with regards to people being rude there is no excuse for that, that just shows their level of development, rise above it and try and don't get upset, easy words i know but you can do it.

Good luck and best wishes.
Om shanti, namesté, good luck to all who are embarking on the IVA journey, it isn't always an easy one but the outcome is the best.

IVA COMPLETED August 2012, received Completion certificate 18.4.13.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 am
Hey Dee, welcome to the forum. If you could provide a few more details we may be able to help further, are you sure it is an Individual Voluntary Arrangement or a Debt Management Plan. If you can dig out any paperwork then it will tell you. Post any details on here so we can advise. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 am
it is defo an iva she has called me this morning and now said that she has spoken to her senior manager again and she is allowing me to make the payment on the 26th aug and she was lovely i dont understand why people have to be so rude this has stressed me out so much over the past few months im still getting calls and letters from creditors its all too much

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 am
thanks for everybodys help on this x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 am
Dee, if you've only just had your IVA approved then the calls might take a while to stop, just don't answer them. I am worried that you said that some of your creditors weren't included, can you post a few more details about that so we can help. I agree, noone needs to be rude, I guess some people are just like that. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:31 am
well i have just received a letter from debitars legal services who said they wil ltake me to court if i dont pay this was for a capital one card.I have spoken to capital one on several occasions and told them i was going through the IVA but they still call em up to 4 times a day i also got into wuite a few problems with these pay day loans.When i received the proposal from Varden Nuttall which is the sister company of debt release direct there were several creditors not included so i rang her at least 3 times as there were still things missing as far as i know they are all on there now but i felt like i was being bullied by this lady she was horrible x

Meash

Post by Meash » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:52 am
I am with Varden Nuttall and they have been very proffesional at all times with me. My IVA has not yet been approved, decision deferred until Monday but I still get at least 5 calls a day on my mobile from Capital One. I don't answer them. Strange tho' as none of my creditors have my home phone number (x directory) but then about 4 weeks ago C1 began calling. Wouldn't tell us how they got my phone number either.

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 am
dont get me wrong they have been fine i think the reason she was firm with me was beacuse of the payments hopefully now everythin will be sorted but the phone calls are doing my head in my phone is on divert now its that bad

Meash

Post by Meash » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:04 am
I know what you mean. It is only the last couple of weeks that mine have died off but I know they will start again if this fails for any reason. My husband answers the home phone and tells them the score but they still keep calling.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 am
Oh Dee, try to keep strong. The calls will eventually stop. Just tell them you're in an IVA -forward any letters to your IP. My hubby was taken to court after the IVA was approved, we sent the court our IVA details and it was retracted. Use this forum for support and you'll get through it.

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:09 am
aah thanks girls its just really hard because only my partner knows about it i cant tell my parents they would kill me so the weight of the world is still on my shoulders
for what reason wuld they decline it~?because really there is no 100% guarantee they will accept my IVA so i may end up with somebody different
so forwarding any letters i receie its best to send to the IVA company?x

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 am
Dee - has your IVA actually been approved yet?

dee.g

Post by dee.g » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am
the creditors meeting is soon i think so does that mean its been approved?im assuming it has x
149 posts Page 1 of 10
Return to “postings for august”