Help please. Barclaycard have rung twice today

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
33 posts Page 1 of 3

Max

Post by Max » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am
Help please. Barclaycard have rung twice this morning (1st time I've heard from them) - very unpleasant. They frightened the life out of me particularly when they said they will NOT deal with a third party. I tried to explain that I had written to them (Melanaie's standard letter) and I asked them would they please deal with Mrs Giles. No! was the answer. They have threatened me with just about everything. If my wife answered the phone she would go over the edge. Can anyone please tell me how to deal with these people. They said they will keep ringing as often as they loke - I can't switch off the phone because my son is away on a school trip for his music. They have left me shaking I have to admit. David

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:21 am
Just write down on a card Mels contact details and keep repeating it every time they phone,or get a very loud whistle and blew it down the phone line if you feel they are talking over you. These creeps get paid a commission on whatever people agree to pay,you need to pay NOTHING!!!

They are scumbags.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:25 am
Again this is against the IVA Protocol and actions by Barclays are being investigated regarding this.

Please right all this down both in regard to Barclaycard (and your other post on HSBC) and make it as detailed as possible adding time and dates and forward to Melanie with a request that she forwards it to me (or send it to me direct. It is outrageous behaviour and needs to be stamped out asap.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:52 am
Do you have caller ID on your phone David? If you have an answer phone you can always let the call go through to that and if it is someone you know you can then answer it.

May I suggest that when your son returns from his trip you think about having your number changed? That way the calls will stop.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 am
Sorry to hear you're having problems with Barclaycard,David..Me and hubby used to be pestered by them all the time so I know how unpleasant they can be[:(!]...what we did in the end with them was when they rang the second time, would say to them that we have just spoken with their colleague and was not prepared to keep repeating everything over and over again and then hang up!!..it worked for us so it maybe worth a try,?.The main thing is to try not to worry, easy for me to say I know but they are just bullies and you shouldn't have to put up with it, so don't let them get to you!!...you should both be proud of yourselves that you are dealing with your debt situation and hopefully, it won't be long now before you get your creditors meeting date...we're all here for you so please keep posting and you will get a lot of help and support from everyone...good luck..xx
Last edited by debtmountain on Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:04 pm
This particular bank are getting the very worst press ever on this forum - more complaints about them than any other creditor. I will be drawing this to the attention of the firm that represents Barclays in insolvency matters on Monday.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:11 pm
Melanie - I have a fact sheet I am drawing up on issues like this about any bank (especially HSBC, Barclays and MBNA). If you could obtain factual evidence from any of your clients and from people who post on here - then we will win the battle.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

Max

Post by Max » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:20 pm
David, what do you mean by factual evidence? I have not got a tape recording answer phone. Thank you all of you who are giving support - I really am grateful. Without this forum I don,t quite know what I would do.David

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:22 pm
No write it all down on a piece of paper with date and times of conversations and if you got the person's name that would be a bonus. Then send it to me.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:23 pm
I will certainly send on anything I feel is of relevance to your campaign David. It is simply not fair when people are trying their best to effect a settlement that these debt collection call centres refuse to acknowledge this - and it is getting worse.

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 pm
I agree and thank you Melanie.

Breakdown

Post by Breakdown » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:34 pm
The real fun starts when Barclaycard pass your debt over to my favourite company - Mercers!!!

They are nasty on a new level. From experience I have learned that the best thing to do is to not answer the phone to this bunch of unpleasant yobs. Get a £20 answering machine from Argos; friends and family will leave messages if they need you, and I delete the one's from Barclaycard and Mercers without ever listening to them.

I have got into conversations with Mercers; big mistake! They rant and talk over you. Best advice- ignore.
Life is a rollercoaster, we just have to ride it!

iva approved. 5 down 55 to go

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:37 pm
So far as I am aware Barclays own Mercers - so the bank must take responsibility for this trading arm as well.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:59 pm
I agree Melanie. They must know about the tactics employed by Mercers to bully money out of people and they should put a stop to it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Max

Post by Max » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:16 pm
Jan thanks for the advice - my wife went out and obtained a caller display device and good old Sky Talk helped her connect straight away. I told them we were getting nuisance calls. They said that if I receive abusive ones then they can block them from their end but the fee is high so I shall have to let that one pass but I will change the number if I have to do so. Thanks for your support Jan it is appreciated. David
33 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”