have just been made redundant

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

mark69

Post by mark69 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:58 pm
hi i am in an iva and have just been made redundant,the iva as been going for 2 years now,my wife also as an iva(for the joint debts) and is employed part time.I pay £219 per month and my wife pays £31 into our respective ivas.
what position does that leave us in and if any what options do we have.The house is owned jointly and we have an outstanding repayment mortgage of £60,000.I am currently claiming jobseekers allowance of £60.50 per week
thankyou
mark

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:01 pm
hi mark..we are also facing a similar situation at some point and are 24mths into IVA...i dont have answers but know someone here will be answering your post soon...keep looking and hope all goes well with you and your wife....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:05 pm
Hey Mark, welcome to the forum, I'm really sorry you've lost your job. Did you get any sort of redundancy package? What do you think your chances are of getting another job soon? You really need to talk to your IP as if you didn't get any redundancy pay then you will need a payment break while you find work. Hang on for the technical experts to advise you. X

By the way have you miss-typed your wife's payment amount?
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 pm
Hi Mark

Sorry to hear that you have lost your job, what a pain for you.

I can only echo what Viki has said, do contact your IP and have a chat with them. They wont want your IVA to fail so I am sure that they will be able to offer you a solution until such a time as things improve for you.

Debbie
Debbie

mark69

Post by mark69 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 am
hi all and thanks for the support

I did not miss-type my wife's payment the amount is £31,most of the debts were in my name only.
i have recieved some redundancy pay so can afford to pay the iva for a few months

thanks again for the support

mark

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:34 am
Hang on in there Mark and make sure that you let us know how you get on ... fingers, toes and everything crossed for you that you find a new job soon.

Debbie
Debbie

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:59 am
Just keep your IP informed of any developements. Remembering that any money left from your redundancy(once you gain further employment) may be scooped up into your iva pot.

What were you employed as,just out of interest,seems to be a lot of builder/building industry being laid off.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:07 am
Hi Mark
The secret is to keep your IP informed.As others have said any redundancy money can be used by you for living expenses whilst you find work.Your IP can give you a payment break to assist you and any missed contributions can be tagged onto the end of your IVA
Regards
Andam Davies

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:21 am
Hi Mark [:)]

Just wanted to welcome you to the Forum. Sorry to hear that you have been made Redundant, hope you find something else soon. You've done well in your IVA for the past 2 years, lets hope you can get some help and advice from your IP. Good Luck and keep posting.

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”