Happy Days !

23 posts Page 1 of 2

JED

Post by JED » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:46 pm
Hi All
After 5 years of hard slog we have finally finished our joint IVA. We paid our last payment a month ago and fair due to Credit fix we received our CC 2 weeks later :-)
We have written to 3 credit agencies and 2 have already replied that there files have been updated with IVA completed!
Just can’t stop looking at the Insolvency register waiting for our names to disappear.
I know this has been said many times but I don’t think that I (we) would have ever made it through and out the other side without all the help and advice on this website
I have spent a lot of time reading posts and it has given me confidence to either stand up for myself or act naïve to get the answers I’ve needed.
So from myself and my wife thank you to all who have helped us on the forum (knowingly and un-knowingly), an IVA is a hard lesson that nearly broke but in the end made our marriage stronger.
Happy Days indeed!!
Thanks again
G&Y

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:01 pm
Brilliant news JED - really pleased for you.

Good luck for the future and hopefully the name will be off the register soon!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:03 pm
Congratulations to you both! What a wonderful feeling, enjoy celebrating and looking forward to your debt free future.
I am days away from my final payment, also with credit fix. Funny how time seems to be slowing down at the moment?! Just wondering what the final procedures were like with them? Did they contact you at all once your final payment was made, or did you have to do a final review or submit any other information to them? Just wondered what your experience was!
The best of luck to you both for the future

JED

Post by JED » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:22 pm
Hi Lou
We contacted Creditfix about a month from the last payment and was passed over to the closures team.
I must admit once we had our own contactable staff member (Alex) things couldn’t have gone smoother.
We didn’t have to do a final review as we were told that they had enough information to finalise our IVA.
The best bit was I emailed Alex asking if he needed any more information? for him to answer no he had just finished our CC and was posting it that afternoon.
I spent the rest of the day with a big stupid smile on my face.
So my advice from our experience, is get in touch with them and get assigned a staff member, nothing but praise for CreditFix once that happened.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:43 pm
Congratulations from me too and pretty soon off the insolvency register and your credit file starting to recover.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

fruitloop

Post by fruitloop » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:01 pm
Cngratulations JED,our last payment goes out at the end of the month and we can't wait,time really seems to be standing still for these last few weeks. Our contact is also Alex at Creditfix and we can't fault him,he has been very efficient and professional. Roll on the end of the month.

JED

Post by JED » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:25 pm
Good luck Fruitloop.
Yes the last month was the longest ever! I must admit that once the equity was sorted on the house we were guilty of wishing the summer away!
Glad you’ve got Alex very professional (wish the company itself was!!)
I remember starting the IVA and being very jealous of the posts from people finishing there’s and here I am now doing the same, still can’t believe it!

fruitloop

Post by fruitloop » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:41 pm
We can't believe it either, to think that by Christmas we will be debt free is a very weird feeling. I think we have wished our lives away the last few months but it's a case of just wanting an end to it. I hope our certificate comes through as quick as yours. All the best to you for the future being debt free.

Lou74

Post by Lou74 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:50 pm
Thanks for the advice Jed, will certainly drop them a line then. I've been told I'm with the closures team, and basically after my last payment to wait for the CC.I don't like waiting though! I can totally relate to what you're both saying. Every day I tick the days off the calendar, and have a big smiley face by our last payment date! Its taking forever though. Will see if I can get in touch with Alex. Thanks again.

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 pm
Fab so pleased for you.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MerlinL14

Post by MerlinL14 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:19 pm
Congratulations JED.
Last Payment made 04/12/14. Completion Certificate 25/7/15. IVA company GT. No Issues

JED

Post by JED » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:28 pm
LOL We had the same on our calender. When the CC came through we didnt know whether to laugh or cry ( I think we did both)

Lisa Thomas

Industry Expert

Post by Lisa Thomas » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm
Congratulations - good luck for a debt free future!
I'm a licensed IP with 16+ yrs at Neville & Co covering the South West area. I have a YouTube channel with advisory videos on here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMPTTu ... Z5k9ZcC2MA http://www.nevilleco.co.uk 01752 786800 Lisa@nevilleco.co.uk

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:51 pm
Well done, enjoy your debt free future

JED

Post by JED » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:08 pm
Thanks again for all the well wishes. Quick update; though we don’t want really want them, we decided to apply for credit cards so we can start getting our credit rating back on the straight and narrow.
Talked to Vanquis on the phone and within 10 minutes I now have a card with a £500 limit! Also they said while you’re waiting for the card to arrive would you like £200 deposited into your bank account today?
Made me angry, just out of an IVA and they want to lend me money (@39% APR I might add) I almost changed my mind on having the card but I want to get my rating back.
My question is there another way of repairing your credit rating apart from credit cards?
23 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “a success story”