Had a bad few days

48 posts Page 3 of 4

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm
jpj, you should try having my dog - he is the fussiest eater in the world! Fed up of trying him with new food, but I wouldn't get rid of him for anything!

As for your visit from the police Debbie, glad they didn't get to you - they can be so persuasive sometimes (I'm an ex copper myself - I know how these things work).
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat May 31, 2008 8:22 pm
I think my friend has been hounded for a little while [:(]

What targets?

Debbie
Debbie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:25 pm
Apparently the police have to solve so many crimes to meet their targets, hence them going for easy targets.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 8:27 pm
i believe thats right skippy! does not seem fair but right!
probably like everywhere down to targets!

barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

jpj

Post by jpj » Sat May 31, 2008 8:31 pm
Kallis...I had a beagle puppy 2 years ago...hence my IVA lol..he ate my whole house,hundreds of CDs ,garden forks,even the downpipes off the house!..I would love a dog that is a fussy eater!![:D]

In the end I sent him to a big family on a farm..I could see him eyeing up the big tractor wheels when i dropped him off!![:D]

was a sad day though![:(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:41 pm
Wow, that was one destructive dog! Ours is just fussy with dog food, he has munched his way through a library book, the computer cable, lining for the curtains, magazines,two pairs of reading specs, my library ticket to name but a few. When we go out now we have to make sure everything chewable is out of the way!
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:42 pm
Going a bit off topic, but I really can't understand people abandoning their animals. As far as I'm concerned animals are part of the family, and I'd cut down on what I ate rather than let Harry go without, let alone rehome him.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm
i feel exactlt the same skippy!

we have 2 dogs and it would break my heart to have to let them go, like you say they are part of the family and i would rather cut down elsewhere than let them go! like at christmas you hear some people get a new puppy and abandon their old dog, how on earth can people do that? i really dont understand it!

barb x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:51 pm
Skippy and Barb, I am the same. We have had dogs now for the past 24 years, and I couldn't be without one. When my elderly lurcher goes to the big kennel in the sky, my younger dog will pine, so we will get another to keep him company. I will go for a rescue dog as well, both mine were from the RSPCA.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat May 31, 2008 8:51 pm
Someone handed their cat to the RSPCA because it didn't match their carpet.

I often wonder would these people abandon their children because they can't afford them?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 8:53 pm
That's awful Skippy. These sort of people should be banned from ever keeping animals. It breaks my heart every Christmas to see the dogs which have been abandoned. I wish I could bring everyone home with me.
Bob Marley.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 8:58 pm
in my job i see cases coming through the court where people (well you cant really call them people) have starved their pets! why do these people have a pet? if they dont like animals, simple just dont have any! they are disgusting human beings who should be banned from keeping animals for life, not for 5 or 10 years like some of them are!

oo it makes my blood boil!

barb x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:03 pm
Mine too Barb. I hate people who are cruel to animals. If you don't like them, don't bother with them and let those who love them look after them.

My first dog was rescued from a friend as she was fed up of him chewing shoes - he was a puppy, what did she expect? I prefer scruffbag mongrels as well, they tend to live longer than pedigree. We had a Great Dane a few years ago and he had to be put down when he was one as he had an incurable disease.
Bob Marley.

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Sat May 31, 2008 9:09 pm
to some people they are just a toy until they get bored and then throw them away!

our dogs make our house a home! i love it when i have had a bad day, they come running to the door to welcome you tails wagging! they just love you unconditionally!

barb x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:14 pm
Ours too. They amuse us with their antics as well. Must admit that when it is raining we could do without going for a walk, but it's the least we can do for them.

I hate the people who have the bull breeds because they look fierce (seems to be the dog of choice for thugs at the moment). They can't control them, they bite and/or kill people (usually kids) then that breed gets a bad name. Makes me mad when it is clearly the owner who is at fault.
Bob Marley.
48 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “postings for june”