Grant Thornton - Will the ask for Bank Statements?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Helping Hand

Post by Helping Hand » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Hi guys hope you are all doing well. A quick question, my IVA company was owned by Accuma which as you all probably know has been taken over by Grant Thornton. My annual review was carried out at the time of the changeover, so my papers were submitted to Accuma. I didn't follow the Grant Thornton process, even though they have now approved by annual review.

My question is for those of you who have been with Grant Thornton, could you tell me whether they consider bank statements as a part of their annual review? According to the booklet they sent me, they seem to ask for payslips, P60 and completed income and expenditure.

Thanks in advance

Nahdia

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:36 pm
Hi,

I would say that if they haven't mentioned bank statements they probably don't want them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:57 pm
A lot of IPs do not require to see bank statements on an ongoing basis, so if they have not been asked for it is pretty indicative that they may not be required. Give them a call directly to clarify this if you feel you need to.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Helping Hand

Post by Helping Hand » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 pm
Thank you Melanie for your prompt response. Coincidentally, I seem to notice from some of your posts that you know the team at Grant Thornton well, what has been your experience of them. I ask this as I have just had my IVA transferred from Wilson Phillips (Accuma) to Grant Thornton.

Thank you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 pm
Grant Thornton have a very good reputation on the forum. I don't think you will have anything to worry about.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 pm
If I had to do my own IVA (hopefully never - but you never know!!) I would pick Grant Thornton to do it for me.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

northumbrian69

Post by northumbrian69 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm
I recently completed my second year review with Grant Thornton, they asked for the last 12 payslips, P60 and an up to date I&E statement, no bank statements were requested.
I got a response within 7 days and my payments remained the same. Grant Thormton sometimes get bad press on this forum, I think this is probably because they are such a big organisation that they sometimes lack the personal touch but I have always found them to be professional and responsive and they certainly know what they are doing.
You might speak to someone different every time you ring them but all their staff are friendly, courteous and extremely helpful, you are in good hands, don't worry [:D][:D][:D]
IVA COMPLETED ON THE 17th MARCH, FINAL I&E COMPLETED 26th APRIL, COMPLETION CERTIFICATE ARRIVED 2nd AUGUST

thomo4258

Post by thomo4258 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm
Ive just completed my second year review with GT, they only asked for last 3 month payslips and a form to fill out for monthly expenses.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:21 pm
GT have had excellent feedback on here recently. Shouldn't be any problems.
Bob Marley.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:44 pm
Same as thomo4258

3 payslips and an I&E form.

They DO watch this forum too so pick up any feedback which has to be good :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”