Freeman Jones

6 posts Page 1 of 1

stdomingo

Post by stdomingo » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:35 pm
I have successfully completed my IVA this year through Freeman Jones & just want to say what a fantastic company they are. From the moment I hesitantly made that first phonecall in what seems like another life now I have received nothing short of outstanding, understanding, professional care. Every member of staff at every level has been excellent & I highly rate this company. My advice to anyone considering an IVA is to go with FJ- make it your priority to pay them each month above and beyond all else, be honest (if you get extra bonus, tell them, otherwise you just create problems for yourself), DO NOT even think about getting credit with anyone whilst in your IVA, and ignore all those PPI adverts. It takes effort & it is a long chunk of your life but there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel. Once again, I highly recommend FJ, they have been outstanding, and now I'm looking forward to a positive (debt-free) future, largely thanks to them.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:58 pm
Great post. Congratulations on getting through, and well done Freeman Jones.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:07 pm
Brilliant - I am pleased for you and a great advert for Freeman Jones!
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 am
Hi

Well done on completing, I too was with FJ and apart from never speaking to the same person twice hence always have to repeat everything at least 3 times before getting answer and not being fully informed about the impact the IVA would have on things like work etc did not receive a bad service overall, On the plus side can honestly say when we were going through our F&F the service we received from Sarah & Samantha was second to none, but I would recommend anybody thinking of taking out an IVA do your research, look into every company (look what happened to PJG clients)it can be a positive thing when there is no way out. There is light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time in over 20 years we are debt free and it feels great!

longslog101

Post by longslog101 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:55 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by welshwiz

Hi

Well done on completing, I too was with FJ and apart from never speaking to the same person twice hence always have to repeat everything at least 3 times before getting answer and not being fully informed about the impact the IVA would have on things like work etc did not receive a bad service overall, On the plus side can honestly say when we were going through our F&F the service we received from Sarah & Samantha was second to none, but I would recommend anybody thinking of taking out an IVA do your research, look into every company (look what happened to PJG clients)it can be a positive thing when there is no way out. There is light at the end of the tunnel and for the first time in over 20 years we are debt free and it feels great!
can you expand on the 'impact of work things' please ? I am about to embark on the IVA journey and trying to get as much info as possible. see my post here http://www.iva.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=69165
My Blog details, the route I took before IVA, how I choose my firm, equity release advice (year 4-5), challenging the CRA's keeping IVA on credit file once gone from insolvency register

IVA ended August 2015. Would recommend McCambridge Duffy

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:17 pm
Hi longslog101

We wanted to keep IVA secret, no other reason than the shame, my job entails me having access to company bank account, to make payments etc when our payments system needed upgrading we were asked to submit new paperwork for credit checks to be carried out, as the main creditor in our IVA was the same bank as the company I never filled out the paperwork but fortunately this didn't impact on my access to account, If you work in any area which involves dealing with finance you have to declare this, also some employers credit check new employees so if you are thinking of changing job during the next 6 years this may be of interest to you. Good luck on your journey.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “a success story”